PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump yet again

GalantEVOII
06-19-2010, 12:33 AM
I have a brand new fuel pump and relay. It still won't prime and I searched for the fuel pump rewire but I do not understand how to do it. My car starts when I use a small wire to jump the relay and I hear the fuel pump running but I put the relay in and it won't even prime nor does the car start. What can I do to correct this if you guys know?

SPD_FRK
06-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Switch the fuel pump relay with your A/T relay. If the car starts then you simply need to buy a new relay.

You can bypass the relay with a jumper wire as you have, to make it more "permanent" just use small spade connectors and plug into the relay connectors wire into the fuse box.

GalantEVOII
06-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Switch the fuel pump relay with your A/T relay. If the car starts then you simply need to buy a new relay.

You can bypass the relay with a jumper wire as you have, to make it more "permanent" just use small spade connectors and plug into the relay connectors wire into the fuse box.

hmmm thanks
i switched the relays and bought a new one
the fuel pump just will not prime.
i checked all of the fuses all are good.
This has been going on for like 3 months

Stewi
06-20-2010, 03:37 AM
If its priming when you jump the relay either its not getting signal from the ECU or the wire from the ECU to the relay is broken somewhere. Get a multimeter and do a continuity test between the turn on terminal on the relay and the ECU. You can find the wiring diagram in the 8g general section. If its not getting signal from the ECU, the pump re-wire still wont help you, because its not getting signal to turn on either way. How about checking the relay/fuses that power the ECU as well.

GalantEVOII
06-20-2010, 07:39 AM
I found that the fuse inside the driver's side panel that has the same icon as the ECU in the relay/fuse box in the engine bay which is a red 10a, was blown. I replaced it but still nothing. I have no idea of when i will have a chance to perform a continuity test but I can get to checking the relays that power the ECU. But if the relay/fuses that power the ECU were bad/blown, wouldn't that automatically set off the SES even if I had the battery cables disconnected?