PDA

View Full Version : E85 gas stations in texas

ricky_db
06-23-2010, 06:35 AM
I have looked around and all i can find is that krogers and HEB's sell it. I just figured there would be alot more than that. I cant plan my whole gas experience around one dam kroger! you cant even pick up chicks at a kroger gas station people just think your being to cheap to pay for shell or what ever lol. Anyone else seen any in north texas?

Joshua42007
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
I never really thought of that, but yeah its pretty much just Krogers and HEB. HEB has those cool new pumps, i just noticed a few weeks ago, you can purchase a fuel treatment or octane booster and it shoots it into your gas tank along with the gas.

Bloody Arro
06-23-2010, 11:37 AM
^ Kind of like what Wal Mart has had for a year or two. Lol.

warren
06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
yeah over to they had it

Joshua42007
06-23-2010, 04:43 PM
i never knew that lol. I never really buy gas from wal-mart or sam`s club. and sams clubs`s gas stations are retarded. you have to be a member of sams club to buy gas.

SPD_FRK
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Curious why you are looking for E85? Checked your garage, didn't see anything for High CR or Turbo...so I have to ask...why the E85?

A lot of people aren't aware that the E85 is actually a 107 octane gas. Running this in our cars you won't get anything better, and in fact it will likely yield poor results. The only benefit of running E85 is in the newer "flexfuel" type vehicles mainly because the ignition and fuel maps in the newer ECUs are set to adjust for that octane.

If you don't have any way of tuning the engine, running E85 is not suggested at all. If you are turbo or running a High CR definitely get a tune setup for E85, but remember once you tune for E85, that is all you should be running unless you get another tune for 91-93 octane.

galantdriver1036
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
WAL-MART SELLS GAS ?!?!?!?!?!? i really have to get out of new jersey

ricky_db
06-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Curious why you are looking for E85? Checked your garage, didn't see anything for High CR or Turbo...so I have to ask...why the E85?

A lot of people aren't aware that the E85 is actually a 107 octane gas. Running this in our cars you won't get anything better, and in fact it will likely yield poor results. The only benefit of running E85 is in the newer "flexfuel" type vehicles mainly because the ignition and fuel maps in the newer ECUs are set to adjust for that octane.

If you don't have any way of tuning the engine, running E85 is not suggested at all. If you are turbo or running a High CR definitely get a tune setup for E85, but remember once you tune for E85, that is all you should be running unless you get another tune for 91-93 octane.
HA! turbo? high CR? lol im all show no go what so ever i got a timing belt change and she back in perfect time, thats good enough for me lol i was checking out BGRs thread and was thinking about getting the kit so i could run e85 strate and call it the first hybrid 8g lol but there arent enough gas stations up this away so screw it i'll continue to deplete the o zone

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41642

Joshua42007
06-24-2010, 06:41 AM
HA! turbo? high CR? lol im all show no go what so ever i got a timing belt change and she back in perfect time, thats good enough for me lol i was checking out BGRs thread and was thinking about getting the kit so i could run e85 strate and call it the first hybrid 8g lol but there arent enough gas stations up this away so screw it i'll continue to deplete the o zone

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41642

What area/county do you live in? Houston has a lot of E85 stations. Really they have a lot of krogers & heb

ricky_db
06-24-2010, 09:53 AM
im up north in dallas we dont have HEBs and some of our krogers shut down lol
screw yawl with your brookshiers piggly wigglys and HEBs lol

warren
06-24-2010, 01:36 PM
well you should just come and visit me and pete

Joshua42007
06-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Lol i can name probably 5 or 6 Krogers gas stations in sugarland alone.

G-spot
06-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Houston Hood > Dallas Hood, word has it many import show venues avoid H-town alltogether due to many haterz lurking about. Add the many E85 pump stations to the equation and you got yourself a heavenly village!

ricky_db
06-24-2010, 03:56 PM
that real spit there pete lol