PDA

View Full Version : lifter tick or something else?

tanpan
06-23-2010, 04:32 PM
my g has been making this tick tick tick sound for past few days..normally when its at idle or when i first start it up. i drive it around for few mins and park it and try to listen to it and it seems the noise dies quite fairly but its still there. i put some cd2 in it few days ago but that hasnt helped yet so im wondering if its realy lifters ticking or is it something else like a belt? i bought the car at 74k and dealer didnt know much about it for maintainence as he got it from auction. so im not sure if the belts are still original or changed. right now, im at 98k
also, im using bosch filter and castrol gtx for my oil. before, i used stp filter and i dont think i had this tick, it came back after i did my oil change last week and put bosch filter in so im not sure whats wrong here. somebody mentioned using OEM filter makes the noise go away so i might give that a try but is there anyplace i can buy OEM filter besides the dealer since they try to rip off

Sphinx
06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I also had some annoying lifter tick (lash adjuster actually). Use the search and look in the 8G areas of the forum and you'll find alot of info to act on. I did and my tick is gone :-)

S