PDA

View Full Version : Gone after 7 years

keithert
06-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Yesterday I traded my 01 Galant that I've had for almost 7 years toward a Jeep Wrangler. I've had a love/hate relationship with the car since day 1. I bought it when my wife was pregnant with my son but really wanted something like a Jeep or Tracker. I did like it's comfort though and it's V6 engine and looks. The first few years I hated making payments on a car I didn't really want. Once it was paid off I started to like it better. I also had another sportier car and a beater Geo Tracker. The Galant was a great car for driving to work in the winter and for hauling the family. It is getting older and needing more and more maintenance so I decided to trade it and sell the Tracker and get a Wrangler Unlimited. I had the Galant the second longest of any car I've ever owned. It will be missed. I do regret that I didn't modify the suspension when I first got it. As it got older I didn't want to put money into it so I never saw it's potential.

tamim13
06-24-2010, 10:12 AM
I feel the comment about the maintenance. I wish Mitsubishi could have made some longer lasting parts for the car. I just love the shape but am really hating the fact that something or the other keeps failing.

Good luck with your new car!

Joshua42007
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Good luck with your new vehicle =). You gonna lift it up and put some all terrains on it?

RedGalant2k1
06-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Sad to hear you no longer have the G!

Happy to hear you got a vehicle you've longed for for years!

The new Wranglers are great!

keithert
06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll probably put some more aggressive tires on it. There is a local Jeep club that I go to offroad parks with. I will say that it's ride while not bad is not nearly as smooth as the Galant. It did get 20 mpg today though, which is amazing for a Jeep.

03-Galant-ES
06-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I hope you enjoy the wrangler. Ive driven a few different years and enjoyed them all. Not a fan of the new choice of engines though. I am gonna miss the AMC 242 I6 even though it had less power, it sounded better imo and was better balanced.