PDA

View Full Version : a/c making car run different, plz help

G_RIDE
06-28-2010, 12:49 AM
ive been having this problem with my a/c... when its on and im in park, the fan kicks on for like 5 seconds then shut off then almost instantly turns back on and this continues until i shut it off or i put it in gear... when in gear and driving... i've notice that from a complete stop, as i accelerate theres a slight hesitation at about 20 mph then i can feel a slight boost of acceleration... i can also continue to hear and feel the rapid on and off of the fan just not as forceful as when idling. i was told im in the danger zone for pressure in my a/c system and that might be the cause of the fan shutting on and off so rapidly. im planning on taking my ride it to get it checked but do you guys think this is them main cause to my problems? any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

AktionCat
06-28-2010, 10:22 AM
ive been having this problem with my a/c... when its on and im in park, the fan kicks on for like 5 seconds then shut off then almost instantly turns back on and this continues until i shut it off or i put it in gear... when in gear and driving... i've notice that from a complete stop, as i accelerate theres a slight hesitation at about 20 mph then i can feel a slight boost of acceleration... i can also continue to hear and feel the rapid on and off of the fan just not as forceful as when idling. i was told im in the danger zone for pressure in my a/c system and that might be the cause of the fan shutting on and off so rapidly. im planning on taking my ride it to get it checked but do you guys think this is them main cause to my problems? any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

sounds lyke a fan temp sensor is doing something..i've had my AC gauged at the low PSI of danger but don't think it went past halfway on it.

Gtsnapper
06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
I've had this problem after overfilling the ac system, however there can be other reasons for it too.

jashotta1
06-28-2010, 05:57 PM
yeah i have that same problem now.but its not my fan its my compessor i took it to a mechanic and he said that how some cars are when u run the ac it put excessive pressure on your engine but one the temp gauge is normal i have nun to worry bout

jashotta1
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
but if that not true n anyone have any info on that ill like to know.........................................i did over charge the line ma self but i hade this guy let some out then its started workin again, it blows cold and everything but i hate the way the compessor kick on n off u could hear n feel it in the car

troubled4g64t
06-28-2010, 07:18 PM
most cars that I have worked on when this is happening it means its low on freon charge the system u can get the cans at autozone or where ever just fill it w/ the car running and you should hear it go away after about the first bottle other wise the system needs to be pumped down w/ and ac vacuum to draw out all the freon and then filled back up w/ the correct amount that the factory tells you the car should hold it is listed under the hood or in the manual.

G_RIDE
06-29-2010, 01:02 AM
yeah i have that same problem now.but its not my fan its my compessor i took it to a mechanic and he said that how some cars are when u run the ac it put excessive pressure on your engine but one the temp gauge is normal i have nun to worry bout

thats what my bro in law told me that its usual with 4 cly cars to act like that an that i should be fine just take a lil pressure out and hes a mechanic... but this at this oil change place told me not to run the ac until i get it fixed... what kind of damage can i cause by running the ac with the high pressure?

Gtsnapper
06-29-2010, 08:27 AM
It's definitely worth getting a pressure gauge when you're buying a can of refrigerant to recharge your ac system, otherwise you run the risk of under or over filling it. Some are incorporated into the tube of the aerosol can, or you can buy them separately for just a few bucks.

what kind of damage can i cause by running the ac with the high pressure?

I blew the valve when I did that, but it was only $0.49 for a new one. If it is still holding it's change, you should be able to let some out until it's at the right pressure without causing any problems.

G_RIDE
06-29-2010, 09:15 PM
It's definitely worth getting a pressure gauge when you're buying a can of refrigerant to recharge your ac system, otherwise you run the risk of under or over filling it. Some are incorporated into the tube of the aerosol can, or you can buy them separately for just a few bucks.

I blew the valve when I did that, but it was only $0.49 for a new one. If it is still holding it's change, you should be able to let some out until it's at the right pressure without causing any problems.

Yeah I've let some out but I'll probably let out a lil more

NAZTY g
06-29-2010, 09:59 PM
the fan will run when the compressor kicks on, its normal ,also loss of power is normal too.but you do know that runnin your a.c instead of opening your windows is more fuel efficient:)

troubled4g64t
06-30-2010, 04:09 PM
look you might as well just take it to a shop and have them vac down the ac system they will completely discharge your ac system then you can refill it w/ the correct amount you need which is listed under the hood on the decal I do ac work for a living.