PDA

View Full Version : HP racing coilovers

Jesse
08-21-2002, 11:50 AM
I just bought these today. I got them off e-bay for $135 including freeshipping and he has a lot more sets for that same price.

I read many reviews on these and the boucey ride that the skunk2 gives isn't appearant in these coilovers. I'm positive they aren't GC quality, but I can get these 3 times for the price of GC.

I'm also in the group buy for KYB AGX for 270 plus shipping.

I plan to have setting 6 in back and 3 in front for the kyb's.

I feel this setup will be excellent over OEM and give me better handeling along with a better look.

brandon
08-21-2002, 12:09 PM
Congratulations. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

You definitely put a lot of thought into it so I'm sure it'll work out great for you.

I'm assuming you plan on slamming your car for shows and such only right? I know with 18s and the kit there really isn't much room to drop your car at all.

I need some KYBs for the front... :roll:

Jesse
08-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Brandon, you nailed it.
Slamming for shows and pics. Maybe drop 3/4" in back and 1 1/4" in front. I'll experiment with the ride height until I see how many places I won't be able to go without scraping. I've scraped a lot of somewhat steep driveways, but i've never chipped or cracked yet so I've altered my paths.

brandon
08-21-2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah it's definitely an annoyance to have to alter your driving routes based on the fact that you CAN'T really go that way, but I guess it's a price to pay.

Let me know how your coilovers pan out though, I'm curious to see if you get the same bouncy/chunky ride that I have with mine.

Keep us posted!

MitsuMan
08-21-2002, 02:06 PM
see i dont mind a bouncy ride, i like a nice soft feeling ride, My car rides so stiff now , I feel like my ass is riding directly on metal everytime i hit a bump, but its gonna be a few months before i get coilovers

2True
08-21-2002, 02:13 PM
Nice Jes, can't wait to see you're ride slammed! That'll be something

Dean, what are you riding on now cause you just described how my coil-overs feel https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

MitsuMan
08-21-2002, 02:15 PM
I am riding on what they call MS Springs,...they are made by Mitsubishi, They are the "stock" series...lol, im all stock, but after i put rims on my car, its been ridin really stiff, its because of the lower pro-tires maybe ill get 21510017's lol

2True
08-21-2002, 02:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am riding on what they call MS Springs,...they are made by Mitsubishi, They are the "stock" series...lol, im all stock, but after i put rims on my car, its been ridin really stiff, its because of the lower pro-tires maybe ill get 21510017's lol</div>

Might need a good fender roll for that, or put a lift kit on your G! A 2 foot lift should do it LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

jluv97
08-21-2002, 09:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("2True')</div><div class='quotemain'>... put a lift kit on your G! A 2 foot lift should do it LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

I guess that wouldn't really be rice, but I would definately make fun of you for it. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Dark Anghell
08-23-2002, 11:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>see i dont mind a bouncy ride, i like a nice soft feeling ride, My car rides so stiff now , I feel like my ass is riding directly on metal everytime i hit a bump, but its gonna be a few months before i get coilovers</div>

Actually there's a chance that the coiovers are going to be even stiffer. The spring ratios are totally different. After I had my GC's installed, my ride got even stiffer than it was before. Which is good in my case, driving with the kit and all, you want your ride to be very stiff...otherwise you will scrape on all the dips in the road.

MitsuMan
08-23-2002, 05:04 PM
I found out that the bouncy ride was coming from my lose balljoints which cost me 1000 to replace, now the car is riding much smother

MitsuMan
08-23-2002, 05:06 PM
I found out that the bouncy ride was coming from my lose balljoints which cost me 1000 to replace, now the car is riding much smoother

HiperSilver
08-25-2002, 09:14 PM
thats a pretty hard setting, 6 in the back and 3 in the front or do i have them mixed, itll be realllllly stiff, usually 3 in frotn and 2 in rear is the ideal one.

queball
08-26-2002, 02:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>Brandon, you nailed it. Â*
Slamming for shows and pics. Â*Maybe drop 3/4" in back and 1 1/4" in front. Â*I'll experiment with the ride height until I see how many places I won't be able to go without scraping. Â*I've scraped a lot of somewhat steep driveways, but i've never chipped or cracked yet so I've altered my paths.</div>
I thought them springs already had a 2inch drop arent they the red ones..

Jesse
08-26-2002, 01:46 PM
My car's suspension is still stock.

I'm almost positive the guy selling those HP coilovers is a FRAUD. Never sent me an e-mail back and I used his seller name and put it in as in the web address. I got www.streetsports.com . I called them and they said they don't use that name as a selling name cuz it'll get them in trouble with some distributors they deal with so they have a different one. He's now contacting ebay and going to see what the deal is with this guy. We'll see what happenings.

2True
08-26-2002, 02:46 PM
That's why Ebay sux ars !!!!![/b]