PDA

View Full Version : climate control issues

tewup
06-29-2010, 11:30 AM
The climate control is playing games with me, when I start the car and go to my usual errands evwrything is ok, but say I'm on my 3rd or 4th time of starting the car again and turning on the a/c, suddenly the display would change on it's own and no more cold air. The display is the one with the arrow signs with the man symbol. But when I put it back where the right designation of air should be, everything will be ok. This doe not happen everyday or more than one time in a day. But is this something I should get concern with? Any inputs? TIA!:)

Danger DANJ
06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
If the display knob moves, it should still blow cold air, just through different vents. Perhaps the cable is getting jammed up? I just had a problem with my temperature knob jamming up on me because the cable was binding. I straightened out the cable and sprayed some lube on it. No problems so far.

tamim13
06-29-2010, 02:10 PM
I think he has a JDM/Euro Spec galant? He's talking about a display etc, which ours don't have. I believe the JDM/Euro spec has an electronically controlled climate control, not like our cable driven ones right?