PDA

View Full Version : Sluggish Only at Start Up? 2003 Galant ES

bpiva
07-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi: I have an 2003 Galant ES, 108K. Recently took at trip to Memphis (1100 round trip) and had no problems! But when I started the car the next morning, it sputtered immediately at start up (Service light went on). I parked it after a half mile, checked oil and everything was fine. Took it to downtown Chicago the next day and didn't have any problems (45 round trip).

The car seems to run smooth, but only chuggs during the first first few miles. Doesn't hesiate at all or misfire when driving, only at start up. Went to Auto Zone and they said code was "misfire on 3rd cylinder".

Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

G-code88
07-03-2010, 12:47 PM
I just had a cylinder 2 misfire. It could be your ignition coil or maybe even your spark plugs. Mine was my ignition coil went bad so i went by my local junk yard and in less than 2min literally had my car back to normal. Check to see if either one them might be your problem

KaziKai
07-21-2010, 11:51 PM
I dont believe autozone... everytime i go there they say a cylinder is misfiring... I went in there to test my car's battery and condition.. and they said number 3 is misfiring... I was like bull.... I would take it to somewhere else and test it....

Trevs56
07-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Check ur spark plug on cylinder 3. make sure u have the proper gap. If the gap is ok. Ohm out the ignition coil pack an see if its in within specs. Doesnt sound like a fuel injector or else youd be having problems at all speeds.