PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise behind glove department?

KOF27
07-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, there's a clicking noise coming from behind the glove box. It happens when the A/C is turned on, and when the air rotate button isn't on. It's really loud, so I just have the air rotate on at all times. I would just like to get it fixed.

Also, I haven't touched anything yet...I'm paranoid of setting off the side air bag and knocking myself out.

Any Idea what it is?

Thanks.

qnz
07-10-2010, 06:36 PM
does it make a sound when the fan is on?

Galant306m
07-10-2010, 07:18 PM
mine was doing the same thing, the air recirculation button turns a motor on that closes a door to keep air out and then opens a door to let air in from the outside, what happens is the gear breaks a tooth and it can not engage right, so it clicks. What you have to do is take the fan motor assembly apart and look at the gears. Its a pain to do i never did it just keep the button pressed so it would not click, but the down fall is that when its cold out the windows will fog up a lot and you have to listen the clicking to make the fog go away.

rockingout92
07-12-2010, 02:35 PM
My car does the same thing sometimes. It's obnoxious as hell

eclipsh
07-12-2010, 04:40 PM
You don't need to take much apart to get to that box. Mine was clicking too so I pulled it apart, put it back together and it is working fine. I had to use zip ties to hold it shut but it works :P. To get to it all you really need to do is pull the glove box. It should be right behind it. Just hit the recirculate button with the glove box out and you'll find it right away.

KOF27
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Cool, thanks guys. I'm gonna get right on it.

KOF27
07-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Problem solved, no more ticking and switch works fine.

It was the little motor that opens the vents. Had a hard time getting the gears back in place, cause when I was prying it open they all just flew out! so I had to figure out how they went. I also made it a harder on myself by taking off the plate where the bar was connected...I didn't know I could disconnect the bar till I got everything off. That plate was kinda tricky to put back on while holding a flash light.

I did notice one broken tooth on the gear, but didn't see it...unless it flew out with the gears, also used zip ties like ecplish to close the box.

Thanks again.

evil-G-nius
07-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I just pushed the re-circ button. I have no air anyways so....it stops once its pushed. Or fix it like you did LOL

spencer0791
08-01-2010, 09:42 PM
yea mine does it took
just keep the button pressed

eclipsh
08-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Why just keep it pushed if you can fix it like we did? It was easy to do. Mine didn't even have broken teeth it had just gotten goofed up some how.

Skitt2112
10-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Mine does the same thing. I'll have to check out some of this to see if I can fix it. Lol.