PDA

View Full Version : guess what i got today!

Cali
08-21-2002, 03:03 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/b3bbbf82/bc/my+galant/jdm+tailllights.jpg?bcBx4i9A91geB.t2

thanks david! hope the rest of you guys get yours soon!

wwangster86
08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
Was this a group buy or something?? I want!

Auto-9
08-21-2002, 03:47 PM
You lucky freak https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif I didn't get mine yet.

bigj61311
08-21-2002, 03:55 PM
How much did you pay?

Cali
08-21-2002, 04:18 PM
yes it was a group buy. i paid 280 shipped. great price!

VegasMatt
08-21-2002, 04:28 PM
Let us know how the install goes.
Matt

newsobe
08-21-2002, 04:30 PM
i should get em tm they came by today and left me a note cause i wasent home.

BIGMONEYDAY
08-21-2002, 04:51 PM
DAMN IT!!! I was just tell my friend here at work that mine should be here anyday now, hope they beat me home today!!!

Supernova
08-21-2002, 05:45 PM
Thos JDM lights?

Lost_Galant
08-21-2002, 05:56 PM
After looking at the pic again, :idea: I noticed a possible mod I might do (well maybe). You know the third brake light mod? Yeah. Well if you notice to the right of the top round light(the red one), there is a little rectangle light piece. I wonder if you could put the mitsubishi symbol in there? Or even better, put a nice "Fuck You" in one of the round lights and have a switch where you can light it up whenever you want :twisted: well I probably won't do the second one, but I might do the first idea.

Auto-9
08-21-2002, 06:08 PM
Heh so some did and some didn't get them...wish shipping was more consistent https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Gizmo
08-21-2002, 06:10 PM
Damn you are lucky!! If you got yours today and you live in Cali then I should get mine on Friday since I live in Md. Did yours come ups or postal? I forgot how they were being sent.

newsobe
08-21-2002, 08:12 PM
i whent to express mail post office and picked them up.danj thanks for the group buy. also so who ever finishes the conv. first can u please post how u did it. i will start tomorrow.

Shylynn
08-21-2002, 08:43 PM
:wow: :shocked2: :wow: :shocked2: :wow:

damn they look sweet!!!

J. T. Z.
08-21-2002, 09:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thos JDM lights?</div>
Yeah, those are the 3rd gen JDM tailights. David set up a group buy for those and the 2nd gen lights like the ones I have.

newsobe
08-21-2002, 10:28 PM
yeah i already bought an extra socket and a bulb i'm not sure which one exactly i need so i bought 1157 socket for $5 and the bulb for $3. so i will wire it tm and make the holes bigger so i can fit the bulbs. jtz which extra socket did u buy ?

Tiller
08-21-2002, 11:06 PM
i think that is a bad pic, but I'm sure they will look sweet once you get them out in the daylight...

newsobe
08-21-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah they look sweeettt.

Cali
08-22-2002, 12:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think that is a bad pic, but I'm sure they will look sweet once you get them out in the daylight...</div>

always have something negative to say dont you? :roll: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Tiller
08-22-2002, 07:53 AM
you thought that was negative...? sheesh...

i said they would look sweet... didn't I...?

Dominicano
08-22-2002, 09:18 AM
so there are sockets that we can use that would fit it??? what sockets? what bulbs? help me out guys i want to put these up as soon as possible

GalantT3
08-22-2002, 10:03 AM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Tiller always the character! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Hey is that group-buy over? I saw that a while back said I was gonna get in on it and forgot all about the fucking lights. DAMN!! Does he still have more of those lights in stock? They are pretty hot looking. But what do they look like when they are all lit up at night and when its sunny out during the day? Hurry up and put those tails on and take some pictures!!! I want to see what they look like during the day, because BGR has said it and I have said it, the tails on the 2002 Galant tails are damn nice and bright looking clear lights. BGR bought a pair and he said it satisfied his need for new tail-lights. I was gonna get a pair of the 2002 lights, but if these lights are nicer looking at night and in the day I would mind having a pair of those also.
Post some pictures when you get everything together. And also can someone let me know if DANJ is still selling those lights?

Tiller
08-22-2002, 10:25 AM
yeah, i was thinking about getting in on this deal too, but after i kept looking at my 02 tails, i figured i was happy with them... they are very bright...

the only thing i would like about the JDM's is they have the amber signals... I really like to have a different color signal than my brake lights...

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm glad to see that some of you got the tails. The rest of you should get them by tomorrow. Unfortunately for BGR and myself, we won't be getting our tails for a couple weeks. There weren't enough 3rd generation tails in stock, so I had to hold off on mine and BGR's until the seller can get more from Japan. There are still some 2nd generation tails in stock. I will be getting an extra set of 3rd generation and 2nd generation tails to sell. I will try and get the seller to allow members of TGC to buy the tails from him directly for $280 shipped, but if he agrees and you want the 3rd gen., the seller will need two weeks to get them from Japan.

I may decide to keep the 2nd gen tails that I ordered and sell off the two 3rd gen tails that I have instead because I am starting to like the 2nd gen more.

Reelax
08-22-2002, 12:39 PM
glad you guys are getting these! great job DANJ!

btw, i can write the tutorial if you send me some more of those pics... did you guys find out what the JDM socket size is yet? also if ur gonna go my route by "boring" out the tails, you will need 2x1156 sockets and 2x1156 amber bulbs; these are your new signals.

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 12:51 PM
Since I won't be getting my tails just yet, someone buy a 7440 bulb socket and see if that will fit into the holes of the JDM tails. The socket that you need for the signal is an 1156 socket.

Check out this thread if you haven't already. Click here ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=598').

Auto-9
08-22-2002, 12:52 PM
Just got mine today and had them installed...mom's not too happy since I did this without consulting her. I'll see if I can get the install notes from the guys that did my install (40 bucks total) to help you guys that are doing it yourself.

Dominicano
08-22-2002, 05:28 PM
rallifan did you you have the holes bigger to fit them in? or found some sockets that fit?

Auto-9
08-22-2002, 06:11 PM
I honestly don't know...didn't take a look for myself yet and the car is out tonight. During the install those the guy came out and told me what we all know...the bulbs and sockets are too big to fit in JDM tails, but I'm not sure if he was able to find smaller sockets and bulbs to work with or if he like Reelax opened up the JDMs to accept the bigger bulbs and sockets. I haven't been able to reach him on the phone yet so I might have to go back tomorrow and ask in person.

Gizmo
08-23-2002, 12:46 PM
Ok I got my 2nd generation tailights today and when I went to open the box I was pissed.................

http://www.liquid2k.com/gizmo4me//jdm.jpg

They're both for the right side!!!! :ironchief2: :ironchief2: :ironchief2:
And I was going to put them on today.

Tiller
08-23-2002, 12:51 PM
just find the guy that has the 2 left, snd you'll be set...

this happened to me one time when i ordered the power folding mirrors for my Si... you wait 2 months for some shit, pay $500 and you get fucked...

it'll work out though... i'm sure someone got 2 lefts...

Gizmo
08-23-2002, 12:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>just find the guy that has the 2 left, snd you'll be set...

this happened to me one time when i ordered the power folding mirrors for my Si... you wait 2 months for some shit, pay $500 and you get fucked...

it'll work out though... i'm sure someone got 2 lefts...</div>

Hope you are right Tiller.......................

Attention everybody who was on the GB for the tailights if yuo got two left sided ones pm me because i got two right sided ones. Hope someone is out there with 2 lefts.

Auto-9
08-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Ouch...sorry guy but I got the correct set of 3rd gen lights for my car. Now for the part many of you are looking for...the install. Turns out my installer did widen the sockets to accept USDM sockets and bulbs. I was hoping he wouldn't have to do that, but he did. For the extra sockets and bulbs that are required in addition to those already on our cars he used some Honda parts that were already in the shop...I guess my car is a mutant now with Honda blood. Here's what I was thinking though...maybe we could try using the Lexus RX300 harness socket and bulb or maybe an Acura 3.2TL's. They look pretty similar, but I don't know much about manufacturer's standards so I guess the only way to find out is to try. Another thing that I was thinking about though was it seems that the guy who supplied the lights was able to get OEM genuine parts, so why not offer to import the JDM wiring stuff as well? Maybe we can check it out.

mitsgalantes01
08-23-2002, 08:09 PM
Will someone please post a pic of the 3rd version taillight installed and lit up please? Thanks

SinSere
08-23-2002, 10:09 PM
Well mine didn't come today...oh well, the anticipation is mounting and I can't wait. Step by step instructions will be greatly appreciated if anyone can make notes as they do it.

Auto-9
08-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Sorry I don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd be loading you guys with pics of the tails and of my drop. Maybe Reelax can write a tutorial again...I'm sure he wouldn't mind https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Gizmo
08-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Ok guys everything is straight. I found the guy who has 2 left sided tailights, actually he found me. He's from Richmond, Va but will be in Md this weekend. We are going to swap them tonight when he gets into town boy I was sweating bullets didn't think I was going to get the other side. i shouls have them on tomm, I'll post pics.

Thanks Kris(shadow) for calling. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
08-24-2002, 03:35 PM
yeah i got my tails thursday today(saturday) i looked around for some sockets bulbs are no problem i got a couple #s for sockets that might fit but so far no luck. would it be possible just to order the sockets from the guy we bought them from??

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
08-24-2002, 03:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since I won't be getting my tails just yet, someone buy a 7440 bulb socket and see if that will fit into the holes of the JDM tails. The socket that you need for the signal is an 1156 socket.
yeah the 7440 bulb will fit in all holes

Check out this thread if you haven't already. Click here ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=598').</div>

Auto-9
08-24-2002, 04:05 PM
Yeah that's what I suggested...maybe try ordering the wiring harnass from the same guy. It'd be far easier...unless the connections are different then we'd still have to do wire modifications.

BGR
08-25-2002, 06:16 AM
I wonder how hard would it be to do an internal swap of the USDM taillights and the JDM taillights? Meaning, detach the entire black plastic housing and swap them. The outer reflector should just be connected by a couple screws and glue. I'm definately not going to be doing any rewiring if I can avoid it. I don't see it necessary to have a separate bulb for a turn signal and a separate bulb for a brake light when I have a brake/turn signal bulb in 1. I just want these taillights because it has a clear piece at the bottom and will look 100% different than any other Galant in my city.

Same argument can be said about the JDM headlights. I personally don't see it necessary to have 2 headlights or to have separate high and low beams.

LatinGalant
08-30-2002, 02:11 PM
If anybody is going to do another group by for aftermarket 8th gen tailights E-mail me and I will join. I have been looking everywhere but unfortunatley unsuccessful.

Thanks