PDA

View Full Version : Jan power folding mirrors problem...help!!!

dronesurfboards
07-14-2010, 09:15 PM
okay, I've been working on this for the past 2 days. when I first started wiring them, I just did the harness on the door and was able to get the mirrors to adjust with the oem switch. when I switched to the Jdm plug, nothing worked. so I switched back to the oem plug and it still doesn't work. fuse isn't blown either, and no funky smell from the wiring. for the hell of it I put the two wires for filing to the battery and that was fine so I know the motor still works.

2 questions

1...when doing a separate switch for the folding part, do I need a relay or can I directly wire them up to the switch with a online fuse?

2...awww fuck it, I won't be adjusting those mirrors they're a bitch to see through anyways.

so If anyone can answer question 1 that would be great.

Reelax
07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
let lucapis or cali take a look at them.

02redgalant
07-14-2010, 09:44 PM
thats weird I have an 02,an although the wires don't match 100% the variance wasn't too hard to match up..cali's rewire basically reverses stock wiring...I didn't even run extra wires to battery to power folding the switch is able to provide the power...only ran extra wires was from the switch to the mirror to get them to fold....

they suck view wise...just because the glass and the mirror base is designed for rhd....you can use mirage glass im pretty sure it was
98-99+ there exactly the same...so then you'll have the standard and convex mirror

dronesurfboards
07-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Reelax - yeah, had lucap take a look at it yesterday, and he was a lil puzzled too, just couldnt work on it since it was getting dark. think were gonna look at it again tomorrow if we can plan it out.

02redgalant -cool thx for the info on the mirrors, yeah the driver side is usable but that passenger side blows. yeah basically all i cared about til i saw your post was getting the mirrors to fold, i just checked to make sure i didnt blow the motor. worse comes to worse imma wire for folding til i can figure it out, just curious if i needed a relay if i were to use the oem switch and use an aftermarket switch to fold the mirrors. i just have a feeling i bought a dead switch.

02redgalant
07-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Reelax - yeah, had lucap take a look at it yesterday, and he was a lil puzzled too, just couldnt work on it since it was getting dark. think were gonna look at it again tomorrow if we can plan it out.

02redgalant -cool thx for the info on the mirrors, yeah the driver side is usable but that passenger side blows. yeah basically all i cared about til i saw your post was getting the mirrors to fold, i just checked to make sure i didnt blow the motor. worse comes to worse imma wire for folding til i can figure it out, just curious if i needed a relay if i were to use the oem switch and use an aftermarket switch to fold the mirrors. i just have a feeling i bought a dead switch.

no doubt, why dont you try putting lucaps switch in yours im hoping you have the pigtail that could eliminate that possible ? mark....as for wiring the folding you could run a relay so that way it runs juice to the switch when u have your car on (connect it to cigar liighter) instead of all the time....i'll see if i didnt retape my wires and post a pic if i can how i did mine

dronesurfboards
07-14-2010, 11:54 PM
no doubt, why dont you try putting lucaps switch in yours im hoping you have the pigtail that could eliminate that possible ? mark....as for wiring the folding you could run a relay so that way it runs juice to the switch when u have your car on (connect it to cigar liighter) instead of all the time....i'll see if i didnt retape my wires and post a pic if i can how i did mine

cool, imma try that tomorrow, figured if i run a line directly to the switch it would end up melting the switch. its just funny how ive done wiring on everything in my truck and these mirrors are giving me such a problem.

Cali
07-14-2010, 11:55 PM
dan, give me a call this weekend; i might be working on a diamante but if not come through and i'll see what i can do.

dronesurfboards
07-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Thanks bro, ill hit you up when im free from work.