PDA

View Full Version : Had a few ideas...

WhiteGalant
07-17-2010, 03:43 AM
This might need to be put under customizing but I wasnt sure.

Ive thought about this a few times but never actually posted about it to see what others thought. I really like the look of the evo headlights and how they have both the fog and lo/hi beam in the headlight itself. So what if I were to get a pair of jdm heads and retrofit a set of acura tl hi/lo projectors in place of the lo-beam spot on the jdm heads. (Thats the outermost correct?) and put another projector in place of the hi-beam (Innermost) and aim it low so it acts as a fog. I dont really know how well that would work out, Im not an expert on all that light output stuff so if theres something wrong with my idea, let me know. I just really like the look of 3k and 6k all in one housing. This would also free up where the fogs currently go on my 02-03 bumper enabling me to run some sort of air ducts to my brakes. Not sure what I would use that hole for but I could make use of it.

I also want to cut out the nose on the 02-03 bumper and throw a new style jdm grille in there and see how that looks.

Let me know what you guys think.

02redgalant
07-17-2010, 05:04 AM
well it can be done...a member here from forever ago I think (birdman) did it i'm not sure if he ran 2 separate im pretty it was low hi fog__grille__fog hi low....he retrofitted a set of ebay headlights from an accord that ran all 3 in the housing...personally i'd just do low hi in the housing just because if you have space for the fog it in the bumper why not? they really only illuminate maybe 10-15 ft in front of the car and if your running a hid retro fit you can't really notice the fog much...plus brembo's fade resistance is pretty good unless your doing some hardcore autox.....i'm running brembo's and have yet to know notice anything at all the setup i'm running isn't very intense with rotors or hi end pads...if you really think about for the most part for auto x really good high temp brake fluid,agressive pads,and rotors will do just fine for autox on stock setup...on a brembo setup??for getta about it lol

Reelax
07-17-2010, 05:52 AM
well, u could just put bixenon projectors (FX, E55, etc.) on the outside pair and then projector fogs on the inside pair. fogs have a very wide beam as compared to headlight projectors/reflectors so using a regular low beam projector would not perform the same as fog projectors. another option, if your intent is to free up the space where the regular fogs go, is to mount fogs more inboard on the bumper like in the middle section right under the crash bar in front of the lower grill.

ricky_db
07-17-2010, 08:21 AM
i dont have knowledge on the fog light stuff but the problem i can see you having with cutting that bumper and putting a jdm grill is im pretty sure that the middle part supports a good amount of the weight of the bumper at the middle mounting point. i dont think it has the same mounting bracket that the 99-01 bumper does in the middle. you might also run into a problem with the grille and headlight fitment.

IVORY_G
07-17-2010, 08:54 AM
They both sound like good ideas that nobody has tried yet in the manner your speaking of. I say go for it, I know the bumper and grille combo will look good together, even an "Old Style Optional" grille would flow as well. Only thing you would have to figure out is the issue of the nose plate Ricky was talking about. Its possible to take off no doubt, but you want to make sure the bumper still has enough support.

WhiteGalant
07-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Funny thing is, when I crashed the car a year or so back I had to weld on a new radiator support. I was gonna go with a 99-01 front bumper so I got the 99-01 rad support. So really theres nothing supporting the nose now.

greddy
07-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Sweet!!!!!!! Do it Fred

Reelax
07-17-2010, 05:01 PM
here ya go:

after constantly looking at it i finally decided to cut off the nose...
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/pjzhsa/BIKE%20N%20CAR/IMG00334-20100327-1720.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/pjzhsa/BIKE%20N%20CAR/IMG00329-20100327-1718.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/pjzhsa/BIKE%20N%20CAR/IMG00325-20100327-1717.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/pjzhsa/BIKE%20N%20CAR/IMG00324-20100327-1717.jpg

she is a little dirty being that she was at the shop getting the bumper repainted the honda oem mirrors installed and roof painted black but ill try and get better pics after i wash her paint behind where the grill will go and well get the 99-01 grill