PDA

View Full Version : Starter top bolt!!! help me

dirteedave
07-18-2010, 04:10 AM
I've got everything but the top bolt off of the starter, I'm not sure what size the bolt is, the bottom one was a 14, but I'm stuck on the top one. . . I can't even see the bastard. My car's an 02 v6 3.0 any help is appreciated. thanks every1

jamesgalant
07-18-2010, 01:21 PM
man it was hard... i have I4 and for them its behind the header...two bolts, 1 on top and the 2nd on the bottom...both were the same size...its a tight squeeze for the top bolt, i had to push aside some metal tubing connected to the transmission and the coolant lines but for the I4 its possible to install starter without removing the headers... u just gotta disconnect the battery cable - and + then the wires connected to the starter and battery and then two bolts...pretty easy but a pain.....hope this helps

M-Rod
07-18-2010, 02:02 PM
top bolt should be 14mm as well. It comes through the bell housing on the transmission on the drivers side of the car

dirteedave
07-18-2010, 04:47 PM
M-Rodd. . . . you're the man bro. . . what more can i say, It's off but now the O2 censor things blocking the starter from getting out! too much cerveza! is this the best way for it to come out? ill check some more threads. thanks alot guys,

4g63lover
07-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Try and remove the starter heatshield, with that off you should be able to maneuver the starter better.