PDA

View Full Version : HELP - I'm looking for a particular body kit!!

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Hi, I'm new here, and I'm looking for a particular body kit I saw on a Galant from YOUTUBE. I need some help locating the parts and place to order this body kit to make my NOT SO FLY RIDE... welll.... FLY!

Please help me locate this body kit!!

Best,
Corbizzle

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 01:40 AM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs085.ash2/37591_538160590536_83500864_31200177_8242759_s.jpg

Here is a picture of the kit I found and am currently looking for!

beam514
07-20-2010, 01:40 AM
well how are we supposed to help you if you don't post the youtube video?

EDIT: oh well ninja post! haha
that is a custom-fitted BMW 3 series bumper. I forgot what the bumper itself is called, but the front alone costs nearly $1000, if not more. Then you have the money required to get it custom fitted, along with a corresponding widebody, then paint it. Essentially it's a lot of money.

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 01:41 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs085.ash2/37591_538160590536_83500864_31200177_8242759_n.jpg

Maybe this one is bigger?

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 01:42 AM
Does that help!?!?!?

beam514
07-20-2010, 01:46 AM
yes, re-read my post

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 02:03 AM
Here is another one it seems... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBZWp3s8g4Y&feature=related

beam514
07-20-2010, 02:04 AM
that appears to be a JDM VRG bumper with custom widebody. Browse the "Customizing your 8G" section. There's a JDM bumper thread. That will pretty much answer any question you might have about ANY bumpers you'll find on a Galant, unless the bumper is completely custom. We don't have a lot of aftermarket support for the Galant, so JDM bumpers are pretty much the only choice.

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 02:13 AM
I'll admit. I am a complete idiot when it comes to cars. Only reason I was looking into getting a body kit was because I saw this one. I was just gonna have a body shop fix the front and back bumpers on my car. Now I want them to do this. I want to know how much it will cost. If I can order them on my own and install and just have them painted or what... ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

beam514
07-20-2010, 02:15 AM
did you not read my earlier post? If you want your car to look anything like those cars you posted, you're going to need a lot of custom work done to your car, which in the end means a lot of money is going to be involved.

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Yes I read it. I'm not illiterate. Where do I find those EXACT side skirts front and rear bumper is what I asked....

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 02:23 AM
I'm not looking for a front bumper with all the crazy lines. just want the clean look...

showtime
07-20-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm not looking for a front bumper with all the crazy lines. just want the clean look...

crazy lines does not equal a clean look, the red galant has a one off body kit produced for a single car...their was never a kit produced. Look into JDM parts (japanese domestic market)

OMEGA PHX
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Read this:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39801

ricky_db
07-20-2010, 12:40 PM
poor guy fell in love with a dream

but like said earlier both of those kits are custom as far as side skirts they might have started off with some super vr-4 skirts and the rear extensions with the middle filled in
like the dreams im chasing did lol

DNSerrano
07-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Theres that car and another black one, they are custom made in Brazil

IceDouTGaLanT
07-20-2010, 01:32 PM
thats a custom kit, you cant buy it only try to re-create it. cost= 4K+ just an estimate without paint

beam514
07-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Yes I read it. I'm not illiterate. Where do I find those EXACT side skirts front and rear bumper is what I asked....

umm no you didn't. You might want to go back and read what you wrote because it wasn't clear of exactly what you wanted to know after your first couple posts, aside from the fact that you want the body shop to "do this"

G-spot
07-20-2010, 02:09 PM
This guy sounds like he has to put this kit on tommorow or else the boogey man will come take him away or something.

IceDouTGaLanT
07-20-2010, 02:31 PM
^ rofl hhahahahahaha

Predat-R
07-20-2010, 05:28 PM
the orange one has the tornado front bumper from the e46 bmw made to fit the galant, u can find copies of it on ebay front bumper or complete kit

Predat-R
07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
This guy sounds like he has to put this kit on tommorow or else the boogey man will come take him away or something.

he's just very impressed by what he saw thats all...........too funny

Cali
07-20-2010, 07:26 PM
i have that kit man but it'll cost you 5 grand.

:D

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
the orange one has the tornado front bumper from the e46 bmw made to fit the galant, u can find copies of it on ebay front bumper or complete kit

Finally someone who actually gets it. Thank you ... I will look into this some more! I really appreciate a post that isn't smoke up my ass.... HAHA

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 08:09 PM
i have that kit man but it'll cost you 5 grand.

:D

Do you sell this kit in a shop or do you have it personally on a car and wanting to get rid of it? Thanks for the post.

corbizzle
07-20-2010, 08:10 PM
he's just very impressed by what he saw thats all...........too funny

Yes indeed I am impressed with the kit. Never seen it on a galant before. It's one of the cleanest kits I've seen...

Thanks again!! KUDOS

OMEGA PHX
07-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Yes indeed I am impressed with the kit. Never seen it on a galant before. It's one of the cleanest kits I've seen...

Thanks again!! KUDOS

Sorry dude that kit is awesome, nearly every galant owner that sees that galant wants it, but it all custom work, Predat-r already told you what bumper you need to modify, and Icedout told you that a rough estimate would be 4k not including the paint. Cali makes replicas of JDM bumpers so check him out, but the kit on the red galant is pure custom if you have the money(6k-7k maybe more) do it, but it isn't something you can buy already done and install it.

G-spot
07-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Finally someone who actually gets it. Thank you ... I will look into this some more! I really appreciate a post that isn't smoke up my ass.... HAHA
Well keep us updated just like that club3g guy that wants to put a 6g72TT in his 3g that swore to the holy bible that it will work...

Dominicano
07-20-2010, 11:57 PM
Well keep us updated just like that club3g guy that wants to put a 6g72TT in his 3g that swore to the holy bible that it will work...

Well you really can't compare that to this, it's a kit which can be modified to fit a car it all comes down to how much he is willing to spend someone to do this right.

G-spot
07-21-2010, 12:06 AM
Well you really can compare that to this, it's an engine which can be modified to fit the engine bay it all comes down to how much he is willing to spend for someone to do this right.
just change some words and it will make some sense.

beam514
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM

lol exactly what I was thinking

ricky_db
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM
so what say yee OP are you going to go for it?

Dominicano
07-21-2010, 10:25 AM

I think you failed to understand the point I tried to make the engine is backward, making fit in the engine bay is the first battle you will spend more modifying compare to modifying a body kit of fiberglass.

G-spot
07-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I think you failed to understand the point I tried to make the engine is backward, making fit in the engine bay is the first battle you will spend more modifying compare to modifying a body kit of fiberglass.

If you want to talk to me I'll be at Texas MOD @ Don Herring Mitsu (Irvin, TX) this Saturday I'll tell you the difference between this thread and the 6G72TT swap.

corbizzle
07-21-2010, 01:12 PM
It's funny cause only one guy had the right bumper in this forum. Thank you Predat-R for pointing me in the right direction. Yes it is custom, but its attainable and not from scratch.

HERE is the link...
http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?product_code=121.12.46.201&screen=PROD&store_code=ED

beam514
07-21-2010, 01:32 PM
look dude, I told you it was a BMW 3 series bumper, just couldn't remember exactly what it was called. There has actually been a few threads on here about this bumper before, but I wasn't going to do all the searching for you, that's your job.

If you would have searched "BMW bumper" you would have found this thread about 6 down from the top
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41520&highlight=bmw+bumper
Read a couple posts and then BAM the answer is right there for you. But I guess that's too hard.

And what we mean by custom is not that the BUMPER is custom, but that the fitment on the Galant is custom. They also had to make a widebody to match the bumper.
That said, are you going to go for it?

blue8g
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
^no.

beam514
07-21-2010, 01:49 PM
no he's not going for it?

blue8g
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Just judging from his posts there's no way this guy could afford to do any of this

IF he buys the bumper he's going to try to put it on

Say oh noes it doesn't fit

Cry

Sell bumper for a loss

Come back here make a thread, WTF you guys told me this bumper would fit

beam514
07-21-2010, 01:59 PM
oh right.

look OP, what you have to keep in mind is HOW MUCH custom work probably had to go into that just to work. I'll just make a short list of what I think you might have to do:

1) fabricate some mounting points on the bumper itself since they're not going to be in the same location as a Galant kit
2) add/remove material under the grill, headlights, and around the headlights
3) add a widebody to the fenders, because if you look at the original kit, it flares out a lot farther than the stock Galant fenders go
4) for US Galant, you're going to have to trim or completely remove your crashbar. That bumper looks pretty shallow
5) paint to match the car, OR paint the entire car

another option is to cut down the bumper or remove the side flare-outs so that it lines up better with the lines of the Galant

All that said, if you had the money to get this done, you would probably have gone to an extremely reputable and high-end shop, shown them that picture, then told them "I want it exactly like this". Even if they weren't able to recognize the kit, they could probably do it.

ricky_db
07-21-2010, 11:23 PM
:FIREdevil::icon_notworth::TGC:

:015:

Reelax
07-22-2010, 12:43 AM
It's funny cause only one guy had the right bumper in this forum. Thank you Predat-R for pointing me in the right direction. Yes it is custom, but its attainable and not from scratch.

HERE is the link...
http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?product_code=121.12.46.201&screen=PROD&store_code=ED

plenty of us know what the kit is. we've just answered the question so many times we don't bother answering it anymore. the cheapest and easiest way to do this would be to buy a knockoff of this bumper in fiber glass and buy another galant specific aftermarket bumper in fiber glass, then cut them both in half horizontally and fiberglass them together so that the bumper will mount and fit. the widebody flares would have to be custom molded to the car and the sideskirts and rear bumper would have to be custom modified as well (the rear would possibly be like the front consisting of 2 half bumpers). ur looking at $2000-$3000 custom work on top of the cost of parts. if your budget is not around $4000, abandon this project or save until you can afford it.

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 12:43 AM
HAHA ... I think it's funny you guys sit here and create in your minds what people are capable of. I appreciate all the good feed back. If you noticed I just joined this damn forum the other day, to find out about this body kit, which I have found thanks to you guys, but the rude comments, and dick swinging? Come on, I thought forums on the internet were made to inform people what they don't know. If you've been around the car world, then hey good for you, you probably know a lot. But for a "NEWBY" give me a freaking break. Are you serious? All I wanted to do was ask around about this body kit and if any body knew what it was and where to find it. So thank you guys for the information. I do appreciate it. BUT F$(#* all the rest of you self righteous pricks for thinking your shit don't stink. You gotta start some where...

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 12:46 AM
plenty of us know what the kit is. we've just answered the question so many times we don't bother answering it anymore. the cheapest and easiest way to do this would be to buy a knockoff of this bumper in fiber glass and buy another galant specific aftermarket bumper in fiber glass, then cut them both in half horizontally and fiberglass them together so that the bumper will mount and fit. the widebody flares would have to be custom molded to the car and the sideskirts and rear bumper would have to be custom modified as well (the rear would possibly be like the front consisting of 2 half bumpers). ur looking at $2000-$3000 custom work on top of the cost of parts. if your budget is not around $4000, abandon this project or save until you can afford it.

Thanks I will definitely consider this... appreciate the idea! Does any one happen to know of a website that might perhaps have a DIY of this? I've seen other DIY at home car rebuilds... just a thought.

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 12:50 AM
look dude, I told you it was a BMW 3 series bumper, just couldn't remember exactly what it was called. There has actually been a few threads on here about this bumper before, but I wasn't going to do all the searching for you, that's your job.

If you would have searched "BMW bumper" you would have found this thread about 6 down from the top
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41520&highlight=bmw+bumper
Read a couple posts and then BAM the answer is right there for you. But I guess that's too hard.

And what we mean by custom is not that the BUMPER is custom, but that the fitment on the Galant is custom. They also had to make a widebody to match the bumper.
That said, are you going to go for it?

Dude you didn't tell me anything! You went back an edited your post. Look at three post later... you call it a JDM with a wide body... bla bla bla

I'm just saying....

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 12:59 AM
:firedevil::icon_notworth::tgc:

:015:

really dude?

Reelax
07-22-2010, 01:45 AM
HAHA ... I think it's funny you guys sit here and create in your minds what people are capable of. I appreciate all the good feed back. If you noticed I just joined this damn forum the other day, to find out about this body kit, which I have found thanks to you guys, but the rude comments, and dick swinging? Come on, I thought forums on the internet were made to inform people what they don't know. If you've been around the car world, then hey good for you, you probably know a lot. But for a "NEWBY" give me a freaking break. Are you serious? All I wanted to do was ask around about this body kit and if any body knew what it was and where to find it. So thank you guys for the information. I do appreciate it. BUT F$(#* all the rest of you self righteous pricks for thinking your shit don't stink. You gotta start some where...

it would have been easier and much less painful to just search the forum. there is over 10 years of information and research in these pages and a search link on the top of almost every page. some terms to use for search would be "widebody", "brazil", "tornado". this topic has been covered numerous times.

blue8g
07-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Dude you didn't tell me anything! You went back an edited your post. Look at three post later... you call it a JDM with a wide body... bla bla bla

I'm just saying....

Dude beam explained it.........he just didn't remember the exact kit

and he recommended the JDM as a less expensive and simpler alternative

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Well... these terms... "widebody" "brazil" tornado" etc... etc.... I would not have known what to even look up in the first place if I didn't ask in this forum. WTF?

ANY WAYS>..

I have found the body kit and most likely will order soon. Any suggestions on the fenders of this car... and how to obtain that? Oh wait... I'll look up wide body??

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 02:46 AM
ok... where do i get these wide body fenders front and back? any pointers on the links or searches in this forum... ???

Thanks,
C

beam514
07-22-2010, 05:00 AM

I'm just saying....

yea too bad I edited the post like 1 minute after I made it. In fact, I edited it so close to the original post time that it didn't even show the edit history. But anyway that's why I told you to go back and reread my post, because I edited it. I was in the middle of posting when you posted the picture. And the BLACK Galant is a JDM kit. The RED Galant is the BMW Tornado bumper

beam514
07-22-2010, 05:05 AM
ok... where do i get these wide body fenders front and back? any pointers on the links or searches in this forum... ???

Thanks,
C

okay I'll answer this one nicely. As far as I'm aware, nobody makes a bolt-on widebody. If you check out "Billet"s car, he has a custom widebody. I'm assuming that that look is what you're going for. You can find pictures of his car in the MOD 2010 picture thread. If you want a widebody like that, you're going to have to go custom, or you can modify those universal fender flares. The only other option I can think of is the JDM Fender Flares, which don't really give it a widebody look, it just adds a subtle difference.

ricky_db
07-22-2010, 05:17 AM
really dude?
yes really this whole thread could have been avoided, there has to be 3 just like it already i know one happened about 8 months ago but it wasnt this funny lol

Thanks I will definitely consider this... appreciate the idea! Does any one happen to know of a website that might perhaps have a DIY of this? I've seen other DIY at home car rebuilds... just a thought.i will get off my all mighty custom 8G owner horse and help you out... this once. a good place to learn about fiberglass work and custom molds and such is www.fiberglassforums.com. just dont go there any ask noobish questions like this because those guys wont answer it AT ALL... real talk

Thanks,
C
you dont get wide body kits at stores. they are made with pride at body shops all across the world you can however buy fender flares (a quick search will tell you all you need to know about them) cheers mate

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 11:39 AM
yes really this whole thread could have been avoided, there has to be 3 just like it already i know one happened about 8 months ago but it wasnt this funny lol

i will get off my all mighty custom 8G owner horse and help you out... this once. a good place to learn about fiberglass work and custom molds and such is www.fiberglassforums.com. just dont go there any ask noobish questions like this because those guys wont answer it AT ALL... real talk

you dont get wide body kits at stores. they are made with pride at body shops all across the world you can however buy fender flares (a quick search will tell you all you need to know about them) cheers mate

is this your red car in your post? Did you do these fenders yourself or have a body shop do them? Just curious...

Dominicano
07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
The galant has a little flare but ricky_db tires are so tucked in that it give the illusion that he has some but that OEM fenders lol

ricky_db
07-22-2010, 02:56 PM
The galant has a little flare but ricky_db tires are so tucked in that it give the illusion that he has some but that OEM fenders lol

^^^this is true. all i did was cut the lip out of the inside of my fenders to accommodate larger wheels. i actually do have fender flares laying around somewhere but decided not to use them due to the inevitable cracking of fiberglass to metal body parts when fused together seamlessly

Dominicano
07-22-2010, 03:07 PM
^^^this is true. all i did was cut the lip out of the inside of my fenders to accommodate larger wheels. i actually do have fender flares laying around somewhere but decided not to use them due to the inevitable cracking of fiberglass to metal body parts when fused together seamlessly

Yep the best bet is to find a pair of fiberglass fender there are some out there with those fins and mate the fiberglass finder flare to that, just like Reelax mentioned on how to do the front bumber.

E_Emerson88
07-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks I will definitely consider this... appreciate the idea! Does any one happen to know of a website that might perhaps have a DIY of this? I've seen other DIY at home car rebuilds... just a thought.

people do DIY at home because they have experience of doing body work and know how to do it. Its not hard if you have been doing it for a while

Thanks,
C

get the bumper first, take it to a body shop, tell them you want a wide body to match the bumper. first things first

ricky_db
07-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Yep the best bet is to find a pair of fiberglass fender there are some out there with those fins and mate the fiberglass finder flare to that, just like Reelax mentioned on how to do the front bumber.

oh yea i understand all that and that was the plan but i ride to low and i would rub a hole in them very quick with out knowing it. then i was just going to get the rear molded on or a new metal flare welded on and smoothed out but other projects have priority now :029: plus the new wheels should fit no problem, but if not its off to the body shot

Reelax
07-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Well... these terms... "widebody" "brazil" tornado" etc... etc.... I would not have known what to even look up in the first place if I didn't ask in this forum. WTF?

ANY WAYS>..

I have found the body kit and most likely will order soon. Any suggestions on the fenders of this car... and how to obtain that? Oh wait... I'll look up wide body??

ur getting ahead of yourself. you need to research. this forum and the entire internet are a good start. before you actually buy any parts you should know everything you need and what you need to do.

the widebody flares are custom, either completely made from scratch or universal fender flares are custom mated and molded into the body. the side skirts and bumpers are also customized to fit the rest of the parts. i am pointing you in the right direction because you seem very eager to do this, but being eager doesn't always translate into action and investment. read, read, and read, that is how those that have done this type of thing to their car have learned what they need. not knowing where to initially look has been solved, now once you start digging, more information will be available. the other option is to pay someone to do all of this for you... you are welcome to do that as well.

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the turn around guys. I appreciate it! I do plan on doing a little more research before jumping to quick on buying a kit. I just have a couple options in mind. But you are right that I need to read read read.

I am very eager...

beam514
07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
just be careful before you go throwing out thousands of dollars. I bought my 6G74 engine to swap it before I realized that I wasn't ready, and that time of my life was quite possible the shittiest time ever. I just felt tired and beaten down and lost all motivation. So I read up and prepped for a year and when I came back, I knew I was ready and it felt good. So just be sure that you know what you're getting into and don't jump in the pool until you know how to swim, because this is a lot of money that could possibly be wasted.

corbizzle
07-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Exactly, just looking for the cheapest, but best quality product I can find for the body kit. I have found a sever different places that sell them, but looking to possibly purchase from an ebay dealer. I will post the product and ask for feedback when I piece everything together! Thanks!

As for front fenders I need to replace the passenger side fender any ways so it's a thought at going with the fiberglass wide body, but how do these hold up? What is the biggest size rim I can fit on the galant before I have wearing and rubbing problems?

19" ???

corbizzle
07-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Here is the link of the body kit I am considering....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390213187463&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

let me know what you guys think. on a 2001 Galant

Reelax
07-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Exactly, just looking for the cheapest, but best quality product I can find for the body kit. I have found a sever different places that sell them, but looking to possibly purchase from an ebay dealer. I will post the product and ask for feedback when I piece everything together! Thanks!

As for front fenders I need to replace the passenger side fender any ways so it's a thought at going with the fiberglass wide body, but how do these hold up? What is the biggest size rim I can fit on the galant before I have wearing and rubbing problems?

19" ???

well cheap and best quality don't get along, i'll just let you know that from the start. as far as wheel fitments, that will depend on width, offset, drop and tire size... you can fit 22" wheels on an 8g if the offset, width, tire and drop are right. if you go wide or flared fender, then ur going to be able to go wider (of course) to need to do some measuring to determine how much wider/lower offset u can go. fitment is a whole 'nother topic from bodykits... again read, read, read.

Here is the link of the body kit I am considering....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390213187463&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

let me know what you guys think. on a 2001 Galant

yeah that's a knockoff of the e46 tornado kit. it's gonna take that kit and a galant kit to make it work (cutting both in half and joining them).

corbizzle
07-24-2010, 02:29 AM
yeah that's a knockoff of the e46 tornado kit. it's gonna take that kit and a galant kit to make it work (cutting both in half and joining them).

what galant kit would you recommend Reelax?

I like your ride by the way. pretty close to that tornado kit I fell for...

I understand on the wheels what you are saying, curious to find out do I find the wheels/rims/tires first and then base my flare off of that?? or vise-versa?

Thanks for all the info.

Got a quote started today from a local body shop. Will have the numbers by monday for some kind of idea!!! WORD :045:

Predat-R
07-25-2010, 10:00 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E46-M3-FRONT-BUMPER-KIT-ALL-E46-3-SERIES-99-05-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bc2d9f27QQitemZ11053 1288871QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

heres a link for the knockoff front but first think about a plan of attack, widebody, converversion, alot of custom work will be needed cause thats what ur doing seeing that this ain't a galant specific. trust ive been there and some, while its a forum some point u in the direction no hand holding is implied

RedGalant2k1
07-25-2010, 11:50 AM
what galant kit would you recommend Reelax?

I like your ride by the way. pretty close to that tornado kit I fell for...

I understand on the wheels what you are saying, curious to find out do I find the wheels/rims/tires first and then base my flare off of that?? or vise-versa?

You need to have a goal on how much wider the fenders will be, then you can know what size, width, and offset wheel would work best. THEN you need to buy or find some wheels to test fit before you spend $5000 on the custom fit widebody specific wheels. All said and done, it wouldn't be abnormal to have spent well over $10,000-20,000 to accomplish this all and to show quality.

corbizzle
07-25-2010, 01:20 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E46-M3-FRONT-BUMPER-KIT-ALL-E46-3-SERIES-99-05-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19bc2d9f27QQitemZ11053 1288871QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

heres a link for the knockoff front but first think about a plan of attack, widebody, converversion, alot of custom work will be needed cause thats what ur doing seeing that this ain't a galant specific. trust ive been there and some, while its a forum some point u in the direction no hand holding is implied

I see this is a knockoff of what I'm looking for, but the shape of the bumper is not the same. Close... but not it. That other link I posted is more what I'm looking for.

corbizzle
07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
looks like my ac went out. Need to replace the blower motor... If it's not one thing it's another.

99 galant
07-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Just a word of advice. You may be eager to get going, but think first. Trust me on this.

corbizzle
07-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Just a word of advice. You may be eager to get going, but think first. Trust me on this.

Just wondering what your reasoning is... :icon_biggrin: have you had a bad experience?

corbizzle
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
AGAIN: any suggestions on shaping these fenders like the orange one pictured??

99 galant
07-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Not a bad experience, but I made some choices that I wish I didn't and I could have saved my self some money instead of jumping in without a true plan.

99 galant
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
I do have one suggestion. Instead of blowing so much money on a wide body kit, it is possible to keep the fenders normal and just cut a piece out of the center of the bumper and make it the size of our car, fiberglass it, paint it, and your done?

corbizzle
07-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I do have one suggestion. Instead of blowing so much money on a wide body kit, it is possible to keep the fenders normal and just cut a piece out of the center of the bumper and make it the size of our car, fiberglass it, paint it, and your done?

I like that wide body look. The fenders look sweet. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure I'll to this... I'm still in the planning stage for sure. I've got an excel file going for prices and parts.

I'm looking for more DIY type fender flare wide body posts...

OMEGA PHX
07-26-2010, 12:31 AM
In this thread our vendor JM sells universal fender flares so you can get those and mold them to the car and the side skirts or get them molded:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=38862

And just found these on a old thread:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z290/OMEGAPHX/galant96.jpg
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z290/OMEGAPHX/galantbrazil.jpg

99 galant
07-26-2010, 03:47 AM
You are going to need to learn a lot about DIY fiberglassing and everything if you plan on doing this all your self. The only way its going to look as good as the pictures you want is if you do it seemless. In which case you will need a whole new paint job as well. No one is trying to get you to stop doing this idea, but everyone is trying to get you to realize the cash required behind it. This is not going to be cheap and most people who are new, jump in, and come back and blame the board for being completely broke.

Predat-R
07-26-2010, 06:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02-03-04-05-BMW-E46-2DR-4DR-R-TECH-BODY-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c4fca7a93QQitemZ19031 7230739QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
my bad that the front i was thinking on doing on my beamer, here u go

corbizzle
07-26-2010, 08:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00-01-02-03-04-05-BMW-E46-2DR-4DR-R-TECH-BODY-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c4fca7a93QQitemZ19031 7230739QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
my bad that the front i was thinking on doing on my beamer, here u go

yup ... that's it. Already got this one bookmarked. Thanks again!

corbizzle
07-28-2010, 09:56 PM
So I took my car to an A/C specialist just to see what they would charge me to fix it and find out whats wrong with it, which i pretty much figured out on my own and they wanted to charge me $385.46 to install a blower motor, blower motor resistor, and clean out the evaporator.

Parts:$193.07
Labor:$176.46

I've found these parts way cheaper online and am most likely going to do myself. I have found all the parts.

I can't seem to locate:

blower motor resistor
evaporator drain (to unclog)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
C

corbizzle
07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
NEVER MIND... found a thread on here to locate it. Thanks!

corbizzle
08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
http://www.revistafullpower.com.br/galeria.php

here is the website for the red galant ...

jubeiaire
08-21-2010, 03:14 AM
Just finished reading through the whole thread and im left with a few questions.....do you want your car to look just exactly like the red BMW conversion or do you want to have a custom job done in that style.

secondly do you have a specific shop lined up that does custom body kit builds on a regular basis

thirdly i noticed you mentioned going DIY on this build....here is a custom bumper that myself and two friends with a custom body shop built [R.I.P.} http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/jubeiaire/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/jubeiaire/IMG_2897.jpg and heres one i did in my driveway. http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/jubeiaire/IMG_0520.jpg http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/jubeiaire/IMG_0550.jpg
if you are thinking of going DIY and have never done body work before im telling you from exp doing customs for a shop and in the driveway,,, dont DIY with no Reg Body Repair Exp. Its hard enough with exp and a shop, but DIY in the drive way even with exp and proper tools is a bitch and costly as everything from constant weather changes to the angle of the sun can cause all sorts of issues...to much moister in the body filler. Paint not drying fast enough to clear coat before pollen settles requiring hours of tacking...etc etc.

in the end you make your own choices but im giving advise from somebody that has hands on with custom builds.

lucap100is
08-21-2010, 08:54 AM
^^^ that's a lot of manhours to do this project. i rather get the dolphin bumper that cali was selling. check it out.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=36992