PDA

View Full Version : trans

queball
03-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey i checked my trans fuild the other day and noticed it has air bubles in it?? and the fliud is realy dirty but not burned.. Question is i just has i checnged like 5,000 miles ago but they didn't change the filter, would it be wize for me to change it again and put a new filter on i was thinking thtat there is eaither cleaner left over in the tran from the flushing it or my filter is so dirty that the top of the trans is starving for fluid.. any sugestions..

JiP
03-09-2003, 08:09 PM
Have it flushed again, a new filter installed, and new fluid. Whenever you have a trany change its best to have a new filter installed.

IllestGalant
03-09-2003, 11:03 PM
if there is air bubbles, then the fluid is too low!!!, your pickup in the filter
is sucking in air and sending it through the oil pump. you should fix that asap

queball
03-10-2003, 12:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IllestGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>if there is air bubbles, then the fluid is too low!!!, your pickup in the filter
is sucking in air and sending it through the oil pump. you should fix that asap</div>
yea thats what i thought but the leval is just fine i think the damn filter is just so dirty its sucking are trying to pull fluid throu it..