PDA

View Full Version : whistling noise under the hood

cuddleykitten
07-25-2010, 10:17 AM
has anyone else had this issue? the dealership is still working on tryin to fix this problem as i have taken it back REPEATEDLY because they said they fixed it and they DIDNT!

i cant complain too much i did get a new timing belt out of it because they said that was making the noise but its clearly not because the noise is still there.....then they said that there was a pipe connecting to the exhaust that had two pin holes in it that they fixed and its still whistling..

here is the prob.

when i accelerate there is a high pitched whistling noise that comes out from under the hood of the car. you can not hear it when you are stationary and pop the hood of the car to listen for it, you have to be driving. (i joke that its my broken turbo but obviously the car does not have a turbo. but that is kind of what it sounds like a blow off vaulve for a turbo with a leak)

johnygezony
07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
does it happen when you have your AC on ? or all the time

cuddleykitten
07-26-2010, 10:03 AM
oh yea i forgot that..it happens with or without the ac.......i thought maybe it was the ac belt at first but it happens no matter what

compguy101101
09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Best guess is that it has something to do with your intake. I'd inspect all the openings to see if there is debris. Being that is based off your RPM it would obviously be something connected to a moving part of the engine, whether it be air, metal or fluid. Could also be a pump, water or something like that. Though just a best guess based of the whistling description.

tr1kst4nce
10-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Best guess is that it has something to do with your intake. I'd inspect all the openings to see if there is debris. Being that is based off your RPM it would obviously be something connected to a moving part of the engine, whether it be air, metal or fluid. Could also be a pump, water or something like that. Though just a best guess based of the whistling description.

I don't think so. She said it doesn't occur when she's stationary. Even if the car is parked and you pressed the throttle the air would still come in through the intake.

I have a similar noise only when throttling when I drive, but its so tiny I can only notice when I have no music going and actually pay attention. Doesn't bother me. Check everything regardin the throttle. Fuel injection area, etc. Make sure everything is secure and fastened. Check for anywhere there are leaks also.

DTP
10-21-2010, 11:34 PM
DUDE! I have the same issue! But it's never caused any problems yet... Lemme know if they figure it out