PDA

View Full Version : Why not use JIC coilovers?

mochanges
03-09-2003, 08:12 PM
I may have asked this before, but is anyone using JIC for suspension yet? RRE will sell you some that are preset for your car and they will now ship them. I know people are waiting for Tein, but from what I have read, the only Teins that won't rust are the Flex systems, and they are not planning those for our platrom (not even the Eclipse). JIC's (at least the FLT-A2) are not supposed to rust, based on what a local shop here (that sells JIC) told me and what RRE has told me. Any thoughts on this one?

-Mohammad

Reelax
03-09-2003, 09:40 PM
im pretty sure nobody has the JIC's just bcuz they are so cost prohibitive ($2000). i am caught between the JIC's and the TEIN's. the flex system is slated for the '00+ eclipse ("coming soon" from a print ad i saw) but that means little. the reason i am waiting on the Tein's is behind the wheel damping adjustment (EDFC). i may just bite the bullet and get the JIC's since i trust MIKE at RRE and they are only about 45mins. away for install and setup. the FLEX and JIC's top of the line are just about the same design, including shock length ride height adjustment, not just spring perch.

mochanges
03-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Ahh, I didn't know about the Flex coming out for the 3G. That makes it a completely different analysis because I also really like the EDFC, especially now that it is going to be available as a wireless system. So the Flex has shock body adjustability like the JICs? I thought only the JIC's had that feature.

-Mohammad

Danger DANJ
03-09-2003, 10:46 PM
I've been itching to get the JIC's ever since RRE were able to get them, but they kind of intimidate me. Even if RRE sets them up the way I want and ships them to me, there are still some other minor things to set up. Plus, for daily driving, I can't see spending so much money on features I'll never use. Although, the JIC's must ride 10 times smoother than what I'm using now, and I'm almost willing to spend alot on comfort.

mochanges
03-09-2003, 11:45 PM
You know, I completely agree with you on the intimidation factor. Add in that no one local for me can corner weight them and I get even more concerned. But I guess you could say the same thing about corner weights for any coilover. Also, on their webpage, RRE states something like "All this adjustment is both a blessing and a curse. You have about 8" of adjustment to play with, only about 3/8" of it is the sweet spot. You can tune it for pure magic or pure misery." Sounds like an aminous warning to me! If I lived closer to someone who could actually set them up and help me with them, I may have bought them by now, but there are so many people who sell them but don't install or tune them.

-Mohammad

Ghost Beat
03-10-2003, 12:59 AM
mmmm edfc cant wait for that didnt even hear about it being wireless now... id get it but i have the gc agx combo right now and im satisfied with it at the moment i would get the tien's but down the line wayyy down the line maybe when i blow there shox and struts. much rather put my money to something else at the time like the engine.