PDA

View Full Version : A little wierd...

Galantman03
07-27-2010, 11:57 AM
So back in may i did the 5 speed swap.. had a few hick ups, but nothing major at all, anways i have an 03 so i had to steal the soleniods from the auto, so i wouldn't throw a code, and on start up had a code... WTF? So it really wasn't bugging me, never had a problem with codes on this car.. but i finally got around to look at the code. P0705 Transmission Range Sensor Ciruit Malfunction PRNDL Input. Now i thought that when we shorted out the wires to think the car is in neutral, that that was the input? So then what the heck is the ecu looking for then? you think i connected the wrong wires lol, instead of neutral, the car thinks its in park, instead of neutral? But that wouldn't make sense... idk whats going on...

4g63lover
07-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Park/Neutral switch is one circuit. Really no way of screwing that up if you know what you are wiring and the car has started. IIRC the solenoids didn't completely get rid of the codes for the 02-03's.

Galantman03
07-27-2010, 01:02 PM
well that sucks lol, i thought speedfreak scanned ivoryg with the swap and no codes at all?

beam514
07-27-2010, 01:05 PM
yea it's kind of cloudy as to exactly what codes are removed and what are then added lol. I'm not good with electrical so could anyone explain what the P0705 could be caused by electrically/explain how to fix it?

Galantman03
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
will i think the ecu is looking for a signal of that black plug.... but idk how... i already have the soleniods in the car dangling there, lol i'm not going to have another black plug lol