PDA

View Full Version : Bad ignition?

bboypowerhouse3k
08-01-2010, 11:28 AM
first off lemme say whats good TGC its been a while, but between life, 2 wives (the galant being one them) ive been pretty busy..but aside from that heres the problem.
ive converted to manual about 4 years ago and everything seems to be fine, i haven't even changed my clutch yet, aside from in late 09 i started experiencing starting problems such as when i try to start my car i would hear clicks from the engine bay but jiggling the key back and forth a few times would get the car to start, i figured the problem was my starter so i went to my local autozone and had it changed, and for a while the clicking problem had went away. now in the beginning of this year leading till now the clicking problem had come back but ive been managing with it by multiple cranking with the key till the car starts. now yesterday everything was normal i go to work come home park my g go inside come back out 2 hours later. and to my surprise she wont start and also no more clicks. so i try my normal routine by jigglin the key back and forth but only this time she wont budge i got full power windows radio system everything online but, the car just wont start.. so i figured it was the crappy re-manufactured starter from autozone, but in autozone they test the starter right in front of me and i watched with my own eyes as the little motor inside the starter turned.. so now im like wtf i go back home and put the starter back in but im still gettin the same problem, im turning the key but nothing. i talked on the phone with local mech and he told if im trying to start and i see the light turn off in the car for a split second my ignition is fine, i have yet to change the igintion, but i wonder if anyone has ever encountered a problem similar to this or had a bad ignition, and what problem signs to look for in the future if i can ever get her to turn on again