View Full Version : Broken Trunk Release Latch

Galant_01
03-10-2003, 10:14 AM
Looks like my Trunk Release switch does not work anymore! I found a small screw in the trunk. Maybe it came loose? Anyone else had this problem?

pinoyesv6
03-10-2003, 02:08 PM
which trunk release thing? the one that allows u to open the trunk from the drivers seat of the car or the one that lets u open the rear pass thru from the trunk?

if its the pass thru one, its just a lil pull that opens it. try to see if u can reattach the pull.

if its the open to open the trunk lid. uhm first check if its locked or not. i know sometimes i accidentally lock it and i have to go out to unlock it.

Galant_01
03-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Yea it is the one right next to the drivers seat! I pull and nothing happens! I guess I have to find were it ends up at. Probably in the trunk somewere huh! Just kidding. Maybe the screw I found hold that other end on. Damn thing!

tonivegas82
03-15-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey galant_01. The same thing happened to me a couple months ago. Try opening the trunk from the outside and check to see if the safety was on. I believe its this white colored switch by the trunk lock. I just flipped it back the other way- kinda like the child safety lock on doors. Hopefully this will work.

Faction
03-15-2003, 11:51 PM
check your lock and free switch

Galant_01
03-16-2003, 06:15 PM
Who would have thunk it! I am a dumb-ass! LOL I guess with the new baby stroller or maybe some groceries could have hit that little switch up! Wow TGC to the rescue again! At least this question isn't a 100 times repeat! LOL

pinoyesv6
03-17-2003, 01:28 AM
unfortuantely i found out that mine doesn't work. so i think. im guessing it has to do with the torsion bars being broke and the weight of the wing. but yea gas shocks here i come. i know it solves my problems.