PDA

View Full Version : Those with the Erebuni Evo Hood Please Read!!!

Mgalant99
03-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I installed my erebuni hood that I got from Cali last week. Now I know that there were fitment problems with the hood. The sides actually came on very nicely, it is that the hood is still raised a bit. You have to push down on the hood and hold it like that to have the hood look normal and fit. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?? Your help would be so greatly appreciated. I need to do something to the hood so that when you close it, it sits all the way down and isn't raised a bit. Hope to read some replies and get some help!!!!

Thank You,

Dan

ChromeGalant
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Well... the two black hood stops, located on either side of the car in the front near the headlight, are adjustable.. try to screw thos ein all the way..

If that doesnt work.. I recomment hood pins.. they hold mine nice and snug...

Cali
03-10-2003, 01:30 PM
yea man go with the hood pins and make sure they're tight. made a small difference with my cf hood.

HeadAche
03-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Yeah, i know what you mean.. i used hood pins, and i adjusted those black stopper thingys like chrome said..

Lazarus
03-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Where do you notice the problems in the hood with Gapping? The way it has been explained the Hood Stops should fix the problem if they are adjested correctly

Prophet
03-11-2003, 01:01 AM
You might also want to make sure you have the weather strip installed. I forgot to put mine on and thought it looked really high until a member reminded me of it. But other than that like everyone said. Hood pins adjust the hood stops. That is the only way to get it looking like as close as OEM.

Jason

Mgalant99
03-13-2003, 11:41 AM
Well it won't go down all the way and now that I noticed, like if I run my hand over the the vendor towards the side of the hood, it doesn't run smoothly over it, like your hand will stop and hit the side of the hood and you have to lift it over to continue your hand movement on the hood. If you push down on the hood, it like closes all the way down in the front and pretty much on the sides to.

Which hoodpins do you guys recommend I get and where can I get them?? Any good places online that you know of??

Thanks,

Dan

Prophet
03-13-2003, 05:44 PM
One thing you have to keep in mind is the hood is made from a JDM hood. It will never fit like OEM. There will always be a lift effect to the hood.

I would recommend Sparco hood pins.

Jason