PDA

View Full Version : paint job

greengalantboy
08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
where da best place 2 get paint job

jubeiaire
08-13-2010, 11:10 PM
i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

99 galant
08-13-2010, 11:26 PM
i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

What he means to say is, we need to know where you live because some members may live near you that can better answer your question.

G-spot
08-13-2010, 11:27 PM
OP from your previous posts I hardly believe you have a 4G64T under the hood. If (we assume) you can spend that amount of cash for search and installations you'd probably know where to find a paint and body shop in your area . Plus we don't even know where you live.

02redgalant
08-14-2010, 08:11 AM
home depot has a great selection of paints and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!

Isaurio
08-14-2010, 10:49 AM
home depot has a great selection of paints and you can do it from the comfort of your own home!

LOL. But for real you have to let us know where you live. I'm in NYC

Ruslik
08-14-2010, 10:51 AM

lol haha

greengalantboy
08-17-2010, 12:57 AM
fayetteville, NC

Rach3T8G
08-17-2010, 01:06 AM
why dont u just go look around in YOUR area unless your doin the paint job urself

Isaurio
08-17-2010, 09:03 AM
why dont u just go look around in YOUR area unless your doin the paint job urself

x2. Just get it right the first time. Take it to a shop. Do some research of a good paint shop to paint your G. I got lucky with mines because i work in a body shop. The entire car was 35000 got it for 1000 with body work and a BMW paint on it. Came out really good. Its a good thing when you know people there and there.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Just drive to few body shops around your area get quotes, and see there workmanship on other cars.

reiketsutsukigami
08-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Just dont go with maaco (previous owner of my g did that) and its gotta be one of the worst paint jobs ive ever seen its just terrible.

jubeiaire
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Just dont go with maaco (previous owner of my g did that) and its gotta be one of the worst paint jobs ive ever seen its just terrible.

lol he probably got the $199.99 special

E_Emerson88
08-17-2010, 01:36 PM
i just got a "1 Day Paint" paint job and im happy with it

Joshua42007
08-17-2010, 01:49 PM

Very true, i thought that was only where i live but i guess its everywhere. Maaco has a cheap method of painting your vehicle, the only reason why i would use them again is if im trying to sell the vehicle. Ive had 2 vehicles in our family that were painted like complete shit. It may looks real nice and shiny on the out side, but that is where the "looks may be deceiving" thing comes into play.

FuegoNegro8g
08-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Out here in They have "1 A Day Paint" , someone i know got a paint job there for cheap like $700. Think the best package they offer is under $1K. Paint looked nice. But i don't know man, for that price i mean that's too good of a deal. I had my car painted about 4 years ago at one of those cheap places and now its starting to peel here and there.

I'm in the same boat as you though i need a new paint job but i really don't want to spend a lot of money to paint it again. I love my car and all but damn im not trying to be pouring every penny i have into it. If thats the case im better off saving and buying a newer one. im just saying.

E_Emerson88
08-17-2010, 06:32 PM
i got mine for $700 as well. im happy with the job they did. PM me if you want to know more about them

NAZTY g
08-18-2010, 06:37 PM
macco does good work if you pay for it ,and not ther 199 crap, look at it this way you get what you pay for..

Dominicano
08-19-2010, 11:01 AM
macco does good work if you pay for it ,and not ther 199 crap, look at it this way you get what you pay for..

its really about the prep work, if the base is not good then everything else will be shitty which seems to be the problem with them and usually the majority of macco franchises do not have paint booths which is a big minus for me.

joegalant
08-19-2010, 11:06 AM
nice sig^

Joshua42007
08-19-2010, 02:52 PM

I didn't buy the cheapest, i actually got near the most expensive paint job they have to offer. The presidential package, its right above the cheapest paint job, the ambassador package. Maaco is a piece of shit, they had over spray EVERYWHERE, all over my side mirrors, my muffler was painted green (the color of my car at the time). Not only that, i had to bring the vehicle back 2 or 3 times because i did not get what i paid for them to do. I paid for body work on the entire vehicle, they said they would remove every little dent, scratch and ding and i found like 3 dents after the first paint job.

Yes you definitely get what you pay for when you go to maaco, spend a little extra money and go to a real body shop.

Dominicano
08-19-2010, 03:36 PM
I didn't buy the cheapest, i actually got near the most expensive paint job they have to offer. The presidential package, its right above the cheapest paint job, the ambassador package. Maaco is a piece of shit, they had over spray EVERYWHERE, all over my side mirrors, my muffler was painted green (the color of my car at the time). Not only that, i had to bring the vehicle back 2 or 3 times because i did not get what i paid for them to do. I paid for body work on the entire vehicle, they said they would remove every little dent, scratch and ding and i found like 3 dents after the first paint job.

Yes you definitely get what you pay for when you go to maaco, spend a little extra money and go to a real body shop.

and if a paint shop tells you to go to macco run away, not walk!

jubeiaire
08-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Only Way id use maaco is if i do all the prep myself and take the car to them on a flat bed allready primed tacked and papered up. And id still bring my own paint and Clear Coat. Id Just be paying the 199.99 for them to do the spray work and spare my moms lungs from me spraying outside her house. Fortunatley the maaco near our house's has added a spray room and heat box.

mrg7243
01-05-2011, 04:41 PM
This guy is spamming all over the place please mods bann stick time!!!

BronxBlur23
01-05-2011, 06:25 PM
x2. Just get it right the first time. Take it to a shop. Do some research of a good paint shop to paint your G. I got lucky with mines because i work in a body shop. The entire car was 35000 got it for 1000 with body work and a BMW paint on it. Came out really good. Its a good thing when you know people there and there.

Where did you go cause i'm gonna get my paint job as soon as i get a new rear bumper, taillight and right quarter panel... and after that the paint will complete it....

Isaurio
01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Just hit me up when you are ready. I work for the body shop.

BronxBlur23
01-05-2011, 06:54 PM
In that case I'll take some pics tomorrow and show you what i'm working with.... cuz it's..... it's.... I cant find the words of how much blood its gonna suck out of me

Malcriaoxx
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
isaurio do you know how to install a lip to a 8g galant I am willing to pay xD, I took it to a body shop and they looked at me as if I was retarded...They said they dunt wanna do it because they are too scare it might not look good and fuck up the lip.