PDA

View Full Version : Actual DUAL Pros

jubeiaire
08-14-2010, 11:38 PM
http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/jubeiaire/Lights/20090410164.jpg
I want to get These but made to fit usdm 8gs and with the side markers attached. Does anybody know where to get them like that....and please dont link the dual bulb single projector i dont want that. I Want TWO PROJECTOR LENSE CASINGS in one housing with the turn signal corner attached.

OMEGA PHX
08-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Thats a DIY job, Astig has a tutorial about doing them with USDM heads or buy ebay projector heads and add another projector.

Here you go Astig's tutorial:
http://home.comcast.net/~c.tangonan/galant/Projector_Tutorial.html

jubeiaire
08-15-2010, 12:14 AM
DepotAutolights makes them but they either dont undestand my email or just dont want to answer me. i asked them if they would include the corner section and if it would fit my usdm but i basically got back gibberish. grrrrrr i wanted to avoid opening and modding head lamps myself. ill re-email them and see if i get a more coherant answer this time if not ill have to do the ebay set mod. blech........

jubeiaire
08-15-2010, 12:19 AM
what brand Projector are they using in the ebay ones ill look into solo price of a them to make it dual

OMEGA PHX
08-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I Know DYI makes them but they either dont undestand my email or just dont want to answer me. i asked them if they would include the corner section and if it would fit my usdm but i basically got back gibberish. grrrrrr i wanted to avoid opening and modding head lamps myself. ill re-email them and see if i get a more coherant answer this time if not ill have to do the ebay set mod. blech........

I was talking about DIY (doing it yourself, I didn't know there was a company named DYI lol) and FYI that heads would cost like 600+ if you get someone to make them.

what brand Projector are they using in the ebay ones ill look into solo price of a them to make it dual

Ebay projector heads use no name halogen projectors, if you want something good it ain't gonna be cheap, I did my projector retrofit in usdm heads and only used 1 pair of projectors and spent 300+ in just parts. You could get what Astig uses that are Hella modules or buy 2 pairs of Morimoto Mini H1 that are fairly cheap ($130/pair) plus they are bixennon so they would be crazy bright on lows and hi's. To have USDM fitment your only options are using your OEM heads or buying ebay projectors. Projectors are expensive unless you find a mad deal on ebay or HIDPlanet.

jubeiaire
08-15-2010, 12:51 AM
I corrected my typing. I was thinking Depot Autolights but typed DYI..(Its getting late)....at 300 single set and 260 for the double sets of loose projectors i might as well buy two ebay sets and just swap around the projectors till i have duals in one set and keep the other for parts incase i get lense scratches or rocks or some crap like that.

Dominicano
08-15-2010, 01:51 PM
arent those heads JDM that two piece also it made of glass.?

OMEGA PHX
08-15-2010, 04:44 PM
arent those heads JDM that two piece also it made of glass.?

Yes those are JDM 2 pieces.

jubeiaire
08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
not made of glass. the glass never has molding lines in it and the serial numbers are allways etched in glass vs heat stamped

RedGalant2k1
08-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Yes those are JDM 2 pieces.

Those are EDM two piece headlights. To my recollection JDM were all one piece.

jubeiaire,

You should be getting the side markers with those lights when you buy them from Depo. Otherwise you could also contact JM Auto Racing.

02redgalant
08-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I corrected my typing. I was thinking Depot Autolights but typed DYI..(Its getting late)....at 300 single set and 260 for the double sets of loose projectors i might as well buy two ebay sets and just swap around the projectors till i have duals in one set and keep the other for parts incase i get lense scratches or rocks or some crap like that.

sounds like a waste of money..why dont you buy one set ebay heads and set of real hid projectors...put the ebay projectors were the high's are..and use real hid projectors

jubeiaire
08-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Those are EDM two piece headlights. To my recollection JDM were all one piece.

jubeiaire,

You should be getting the side markers with those lights when you buy them from Depo. Otherwise you could also contact JM Auto Racing.

i know but when i emailed them to make sure the response i got was jibberish that even the 3yr old couldnt understand

jubeiaire
08-16-2010, 12:40 AM
sounds like a waste of money..why dont you buy one set ebay heads and set of real hid projectors...put the ebay projectors were the high's are..and use real hid projectors

because a real set would cost me 300+ship on top of the 150+ship for the ebay and id still have to mod the ebay ones to make the new proj's fit since the ebay ones are molded to fit the ones they use. so at that point im spending the same money i coulda spent on the Depot lights and just mod the radiator support instaed of opening headlights.