PDA

View Full Version : jdm vr4 kit from HK..insight anyone

rcrivera
08-21-2002, 07:34 PM
This question probobly has been done a million times but ....im new so..pls. help
Does anybody know what exactly has to be modified to get this bumper to fit on our galant!

thanks

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 01:06 PM
I have the kit sitting in my garage, At this point I am not sure when I will be getting it installed, but I'll post as soon as I do.

J. T. Z.
08-22-2002, 01:27 PM
David, are you happy with the kit? My car is going in the shop next week and if Jaspen has any more of these in his warehouse in CA I was thinking about ordering it before my car goes in the shop.

Danger DANJ
08-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Dude, my name is David.

Anyway, the kit seems like it's pretty sturdy. The fiberglass is thick, not thin or cheap, yet it seems rather flexible.

If you are putting your car in the shop next week, it will be in there for a while waiting for the kit. Once you pay for it, it has to be made. The kits are not stocked. It will probably take a few days or so to make the kit, then the kit will be shipped to Cali, to a place called Transnation Logistics. You will have to send a check or money order to Transnation Logistics to cover the shipping, you only pay Jaspen for the kit itself. By the time all that happens and you finally get the kit, it will be like a month.

J. T. Z.
08-23-2002, 09:20 PM
Sorry about the name. I know your name is "David so stop calling me Dan" from the old TGC. I just was writing in a hurry. Anyway, I though you said a while ago that there were a few kits shipped out to the Cali warehouse. Or were those other ones already accouted for? I can't wait a month. My car has already been sitting here banged up for the past two weeks. I figured if I could get a kit before it went in I could save a lot getting it put on while they are doing the body work. Oh well!

Danger DANJ
08-25-2002, 06:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(J. T. Z.)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry about the name. I know your name is "David so stop calling me Dan" from the old TGC. I just was writing in a hurry. Anyway, I though you said a while ago that there were a few kits shipped out to the Cali warehouse. Or were those other ones already accouted for? I can't wait a month. My car has already been sitting here banged up for the past two weeks. I figured if I could get a kit before it went in I could save a lot getting it put on while they are doing the body work. Oh well!</div>

Yeah, sorry, the kits that were sent to Cali were already purchased.

GalantT3
08-26-2002, 08:06 AM
Is their any possible way to order another JDM VR4 kit and if so what are the steps and who do I have to get in contact with? And Also pricing, how much did you pay for the kit and is it the entire kit, or just the front bumper?

:?:

Danger DANJ
08-26-2002, 09:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is their any possible way to order another JDM VR4 kit and if so what are the steps and who do I have to get in contact with? And Also pricing, how much did you pay for the kit and is it the entire kit, or just the front bumper?

:?:</div>

The kit is an entire kit, front and rear bumpers and side skirts. You can see it on www.ebodykit.com but don't mind the pricing there. If you contact Jaspen at [email protected] you can get the kit for $500 plus shipping. Shipping for me was $185 to New York, it may be different for others.

GalantT3
08-27-2002, 08:31 AM
Ok cool , thanks David :thumbsup:

GalantT3
08-27-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey David

Also does the JDM Vr4 kit include the back bumper too and if so how much different is it then the US spec one????????

Danger DANJ
08-27-2002, 12:27 PM
Yeah, the kit comes with a rear bumper.

It looks exactly like the one below except it only has a single exhaust cutout. The kit also comes with extension pieces that attach to the bottom of the quarter panels. If you look at the quarter panel in the pic below you can kind of see the pieces I am talking about.

http://medlem.spray.se/bobnex/hpbimg/mitsubishi-galant2.jpg