PDA

View Full Version : State Inspection

JiP
03-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Was gona put the car back to stock to figure out my gas problem, but I solved it so today we were taking off the stock shit that I started to put back. My friend reminded me that my inspection was gona expire like the 26th and I should leave the 1st cat on, just out of curiosity wanted to see if its possible to pass inspection sniffer test with no cats, so put my homemade elbow in, now the car is back to what it used to be, not cats...went to the gas station and guess what? I passed lol. 4g64 must be a very clean burning engine, atleast in stock form aside from the 60mm tb and no cats.

2True
03-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Damn right, the inspection sheet I got from mine had almost all zero's all the way across https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

JiP
03-10-2003, 06:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>Damn right, the inspection sheet I got from mine had almost all zero's all the way across Â*:lol:</div>

also with no cats on the car? lol im loving this.

QnzMostWanted
03-10-2003, 07:02 PM
yeah when i had my g, i passed inspection with .92 on emissions with a hole in my exhaust

JiP
03-10-2003, 07:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nyctrini)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah when i had my g, i passed inspection with .92 on emissions with a hole in my exhaust</div>

Well of course...not all the exhaust is reaching the sniffer. Thats different from having a sealed pipe with no cats to clean the exhuast and full reading by the sniffer on pure unfiltered exhaust. I'm still shocked this thing passed.

QnzMostWanted
03-10-2003, 07:23 PM
well actually looking at the sniffer, the pipe for the sniffer was longer than where my hole was...so I dunno, but the galant is a very clean burning car, i loved it

krazienluv10
03-10-2003, 08:28 PM
hey did you have the stock exhust on???

BEAST
03-10-2003, 08:33 PM
Even though we don't have any inspections in Kansas that's nice to know.

JiP
03-10-2003, 09:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey did you have the stock exhust on???</div>

I had all stock piping except my test pipe I welded up and my elbow section from the manifold to the flex section. I have a cali spec car with 2 cats so I had to weld up some pipes to replace the cats. Im putting the first cat back on cause my elbow I didnt make the angle on it too good so its kinda over flexing the flex section.