PDA

View Full Version : automatic with NOS?

redattack
03-10-2003, 08:37 PM
will my tranny handle it? how long do you think it will last if i use the nos once a week?

Alister_McRae
03-10-2003, 08:47 PM
i personally dont know how long ur tranny will last, but one thing i do know for certian before u get NOS get an upgraded tourqe converter. Cause with that added hp, your wheels will just spin.

pinoyesv6
03-10-2003, 09:04 PM
it all depends on ur drivetrain and how much ur spraying and ur technique. if ur drivetrain is really weak then, its not gonna last long. if ur spraying alot, then its not gonna last as long as if u did if u sprayed a little. etc etc

TWISTED II
03-10-2003, 09:56 PM
well first off, i've used NOS for about 6 months....tranny held up fine. used a 65 shot. the pistons are what messed up. secondly....as much as ya want to, your not gonna use it once a week. i said i was gonna use it once in a while, but i went through a time where i wanted to race everyone, and was doin a bottle a day! its addicting...know what your getting yourself into.

jacuZZi
03-10-2003, 11:30 PM
too much NOS can causing "Detonation"

VegasMatt
03-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Ive been spraying a 75 shot for about a year and half and had no problems with the pistons, but I did have problems with the tranny and just went ahead and upgraded. I was using it quite a bit but now I dont really use it that much, only on those special circumstances.

Auto-9
03-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Aye I rarely open my bottle, and even when I do it's usually never in use. I used 6 pounds in 1 month https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

HeadAche
03-11-2003, 12:05 AM
I've spraying for about lil more than a year, didnt have any tranny problems really so to speak of, but i upgraded... and there is no such things as spraying once a week, the firt time you do it, you will be hooked on it..

B19WHEELS
03-12-2003, 03:46 AM
I had a NX system on my car for about 6months and just messed up the #2 piston last friday. I was spraying a 75 shot i think my problem came from the plugs. But i just bought a used motor for $450 for the time being until i rebuilt the old motor for SC that will be coming!! So NOS is the way to get it done. Use this moto" Never spray unless your getting beat" and your motor will last alot longer. Dont be dumb, trying to show out for people!!!!

b19wheels