PDA

View Full Version : JDM Part Numbers By Request

03chi-town0z
08-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey guys, just to start off, I don't want to step on anyone's toes around here, so if I am, let me know and we can close this up. I'm just trying to do what I can to contribute to the community here.

That being said, I know triggermauve is a good source for information around here in regards to the JDM goods, but what I've noticed is that he doesnt seem to be on the site very often. Maybe just a recent vacation or something that would make it seem that way, but just an opinion on my part. I also know of the other JDM part numbers thread: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14304&highlight=jdm+part+numbers
but that really only has the accessory parts available. I'm talking literally everything available from Mitsubishi. So...

...now, onto my point: I have recently acquired a means of looking up any and all JDM Mitsubishi part numbers that you may need for whatever reason. This is not only limited to the 8G or even the Galant platform, but quite literally any Japanese production car part that Mitsubishi has made. What I am also trying to do with this information is see if I am able to source these parts through the dealership that I work for. In theory, this would mean stateside availability of brand new JDM parts through authentic Mitsubishi sources. But that step is getting a bit ahead of myself since I still need to be the test dummy for this whole deal. In the meantime, though, if there were to be anything you needed or were interested in the part number for, for whatever reason you may need it, feel free to post up here what part you need for what car and hopefully I can help you out.

RedGalant2k1
08-25-2010, 08:12 PM
I'd like a 8A80.

Isaurio
08-25-2010, 08:17 PM
3rd gen JDM tails with bulbs and harness:
-MR439897(left side)
-MR439898(right side)

Galantman03
08-25-2010, 09:23 PM
I, I, I can't find the part number for the VR-4 Legnum... DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PART NUMBER!?!? lol hehehe

keith6110
08-25-2010, 09:43 PM
I'd be more interested in prices I think. What would a super vr4 grill run? No clue as to what the part number would be.

mrg7243
08-25-2010, 10:46 PM
3rd gen JDM tails with bulbs and harness:
-MR439897(left side)
-MR439898(right side)
x2

I'd be more interested in prices I think. What would a super vr4 grill run? No clue as to what the part number would be.

and x2 for prices

03chi-town0z
08-26-2010, 02:24 PM
i have a quote request in for a number of things already, price wise. basically for a complete old-style (96-97) cosmetic conversion. also a request for the circle-reverse (3rd gen i suppose) tails. i just have to wait for a response from PDC Japan.

part numbers i can do instantly, although like i said before, i'm not sure that there would be much reason for it, unless you wanted to present them to your local dealer and have them do the legwork in contacting Japan for pricing and availability. for pricing, I actually need to submit a formal request in order to get that information. once I have it, then i'd be able to archive it for any future reference, but the initial request for something that i've never inquired on could take a bit of time

for the super vr4 style stuff, i've gotta do some digging. add-on styling is under a different category, which would probably be much easier for someone who was local and familiar with their system, but for me is still relatively new and i'm still learning as i go. so please pardon my ignorance, but what's the difference in the grille between the regular and super versions?

03chi-town0z
08-26-2010, 02:28 PM
I'd like a 8A80.

good luck. those were only produced for like a year, although i show a listing for the proudia/dignity, there doesnt seem to be any long-block style applications, at least according to what i'm looking at. and yes, i realize this was probably a smart-assed remark to some degree, but in theory i could order you all the parts necessary to build your own, costs are another story im not even going to bother with though...

then again, you could always import a 1st gen Hyundai Centennial and it would come with the Hyundai/Mitsu hybrid 4.5 if you really wanted

beam514
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
hm this sounds interesting. Best of luck to you

Galantman03
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
crap i thought i put down what would be awesome for you to find.... but i don't have the part number... the vogue grill.... :)

blue8g
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
crap i thought i put down what would be awesome for you to find.... but i don't have the part number... the vogue grill.... :)

that's not oem

Galantman03
08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
damn... i thought it was... like rally art division or something.. but not apart of rally art..... i wonder if we can track this down...

beam514
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Cali makes the vogue grill already

Galantman03
08-26-2010, 06:30 PM
^ say what? no way? i thought he said he couldnt find it...

RedGalant2k1
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM
good luck. those were only produced for like a year, although i show a listing for the proudia/dignity, there doesnt seem to be any long-block style applications, at least according to what i'm looking at. and yes, i realize this was probably a smart-assed remark to some degree, but in theory i could order you all the parts necessary to build your own, costs are another story im not even going to bother with though...

then again, you could always import a 1st gen Hyundai Centennial and it would come with the Hyundai/Mitsu hybrid 4.5 if you really wanted

Actually, I'd love a 8A80.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_8A8_engine

Might not have to worry much though, the Hyundai Equus is supposed to be released in the states this year.

03chi-town0z
08-26-2010, 09:09 PM
oem 4.5 gdi v8 would be sick, for sure, just hard to source, especially in good shape, but i thought the new equus is using the genesis' tau engine?

beam514
08-26-2010, 09:48 PM
oh shoot sorry i was thinking the Liberal grill. *DOH

Galantman03
08-26-2010, 09:51 PM
bummer! you got my hopes up lol...

youngfab59
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
bummer! you got my hopes up lol...

i can find you a new vogue grill but a used one is very rare to find

What would a super vr4 grill run? No clue as to what the part number would be.

so to help this thread out, the only exterior parts on the Super VR-4 that have you their unique part numbers are the left front lip, right front lip, the headlights, left side skirt, right side skirt, right rear lip, left rear lip, and the spoiler. Everything else like the front & rear bumper & the grille are the same part number as the regular old style vr-4 bumper & vr-4 rear bumper.

MR280370 - Face Bumper, Rear "VR-4 Rear Bumper"

Here's a picture of Part Numbers for decals all around the JDM Galant
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c283/Eazy11523/d2ff33c4.jpg

I have additional part numbers on my other computer and i'll edit this post later.

03chi-town0z
08-31-2010, 01:23 PM
alright, so i got a reply from mmsa about some pricing. its high, as was expected for brand new oem from japan, but here goes for some of the things that were mentioned already plus a few i thought may be interesting.

"3rd gen" tail lamps ~ $200 each
the front grille from the old style/super with mesh, without emblem ~ $225
bumpers, front and rear, no fog lights, no grille backing, no lips, just bare bumpers ~$600-700 each
old style side skirts ~ $200 each
old style rear quarter extensions ~ $65 each
old style fog lamps, with bezel, with bracketry ~ $350 each
old style (dont know if there's a difference or not) head lamps ~ $375 each

yikes!

Galantman03
08-31-2010, 09:36 PM
i can find you a new vogue grill but a used one is very rare to find

but you can find a new one? how much do you think it will run?

youngfab59
08-31-2010, 10:36 PM
but you can find a new one? how much do you think it will run?

Yeah I can get one new (primered) and it's 290 excluding shipping to the US which might add another 100 but I can find out though.

Galantman03
09-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah I can get one new (primered) and it's 290 excluding shipping to the US which might add another 100 but I can find out though.
Please do find out..