PDA

View Full Version : Installed GC Fronts

ChromeGalant
03-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Well , first off, thanks to Censee and ED for answering my cries for help while installing my Ground Controls this past Sunday...

After a few hours and alot of frustration. I got them on..
Compared to the Progress they are a worse ride actually not as bouncy just rougher.. mainly because I hear them.. is this noise normal to all you other Gorund Control Users? I am talking about when I hit potholes and stuff like that.. I can actually hear what I am guessing is the strut or spring?? Hard to explain..just holla if you hear me..

I plan on putting the Rears in this coming weekend, I was missing a washer (the larger cupped oneI guess I was wrong LAZ, eh?) so, I am waiting on Ground Control to send it to me..

With the Progress 2.25" drop in the front and the Shogun Front, I was approx. 3.75" from the ground.. TOO DAMN LOW, if you all remember, I couldnnt get into my driveway because it scraped..I also had to LIFT up pretty hard on my car to get the lift points under my car..

Well now, with the Groundcontrols raised all the way up, I am 5" from the ground and still slightly scrape going into my driveway! Sucks Shiznit! Looks like I'll have to keep parking on the street.. Also on the lift now, I dont have to manually lift up on the car to get the lift points under the car (wow,one good thing) I plan on driving high, especially when I get the rest of the kit on... only slamming it for photo ops and car shows..

Hopefully have some Progress Springs for sale next week..

Ghost Beat
03-10-2003, 10:22 PM
good shit man glad everything worked out nicely... and thats the reason i went with coils caus of the kit im sure im gona be using them more when i get the kit.

ChromeGalant
03-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah... I am lookin for a nice low profile floor jack now..

Lazarus
03-11-2003, 08:35 PM
lol. Are you still using the Stock Struts man or do you have the KYBs? Everyone I know with stock struts and Coilovers have a crappy ride. I am battling with it now. Did you adjust them any? I know Rican Said he had t raise them up all the way to drive. I never adjusted them when I had them. But Let us know how everything works out man. If you need anything or have any questions you know where you can find me.

mochanges
03-12-2003, 12:16 AM
A nice jack can be found here:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=40105 ('http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=40105')

It has a minimum 3.5 inch saddle height, hopefuly that is low enough.
-Mohammad