PDA

View Full Version : A new 01 galant ES

UnforgivenAutoSports
09-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm trying to come up with some good details to add to my galalnt. I just my windows tinted and im wanting to make this car look nice. any suggestions on looks? thanks in advance. :)

99 galant
09-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Not to be rude, so please don't take it that way. We really cant help YOU with YOUR car based on looks WE like

There are body kits, the JDM look, keep it stock, 17's to 20's for rims, its all up to you.

gizmo'sgalant
09-01-2010, 09:16 PM
take your interior inner pieces out and paint them all, then fiberglass your trunk... you can suicide your trunk by using piano hinges...

RedGalant2k1
09-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Welcome to TGC!

What is your end goal with the car? Or what is the main intended purpose?

UnforgivenAutoSports
09-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I got an basic outline of what I want but this is my first car so i was kinda looking for some nice cars to maybe get some good ideas but im still wanting to be unique.

UnforgivenAutoSports
09-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Im wanting to do both the inside and out but i dont know which one to start first since im still in school and no income right now.

gizmo'sgalant
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
take a look at mine in my profile... i'd add one on but i'm gettin off now

blue8g
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
take a look at mine in my profile... i'd add one on but i'm gettin off now

Don't look at this one

Look at my Garage

:p

jk but look at the Garages see what you like

Look at a variety of cars

My Garage is an example of a car modified on a high school budget
Whereas Reelax, Cali, other awesome cars....have quite a bit more into them

P'NOYcaL
09-01-2010, 09:32 PM
welcome! search engine will help on this site whatever ideas you have :) good luck!

Reelax
09-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Im wanting to do both the inside and out but i dont know which one to start first since im still in school and no income right now.

forget modding until you have cashflow. this game is an expensive hobby.

99 galant
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
If you have no income currently, I would get ideas and not jump on any yet. check the thread "post a pic of your car" and you will see a ton of ideas, it can get expensive to keep changing your mind, so just sit back and think until you have a steady income

blue8g
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM

this is true.

UnforgivenAutoSports
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
thanks guys and i dont know if its just me or is there like no one around knoxville on here? lol

4G64Galant
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Cheap simple mods, tinting tail lights, painting emblems, changing speedometer look, painting interior trim, new fog lights, removing and painting valve cover and exhaust heat shield, theres TONs of cheap simple mods, then theres really expensive ones like body kits or JDM parts, rims and suspension, but biggest thing out of all is keeping it unique to you

blue8g
09-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Cheap simple mods, tinting tail lights, painting emblems, changing speedometer look, painting interior trim, new fog lights, removing and painting valve cover and exhaust heat shield, theres TONs of cheap simple mods, then theres really expensive ones like body kits or JDM parts, rims and suspension, but biggest thing out of all is keeping it unique to you

Your cheap mods sound absolutely terrible.

Galantman03
09-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Your cheap mods sound absolutely terrible.

um.... not really.... no

blue8g
09-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Cheap simple mods,

tinting tail lights,

Turns out badly most of the time

painting emblems,

Lame, all the time

changing speedometer look,

Meh, I wouldn't do it and imo doesn't really matter

painting interior trim,

gross.

new fog lights,

meh.

removing and painting valve cover and exhaust heat shield,

yes at VC, no at heat shield

theres TONs of cheap simple mods,

then theres really expensive ones like body kits or JDM parts, rims and suspension, but biggest thing out of all is keeping it unique to you

wheels.

joegalant
09-09-2010, 06:40 PM
post some pics of u galant then we can give u ideas

G-spot
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Ok let's break down your "cheap mods":

Tinting tail lights = $10+ VHT night shades
painting emblems = $7 paint adhesion, $7 paint
changing speedometer look = $5 nail polish remover, $9 L.E.D lights
painting interior trim = $5 sand paper(s), $7 paint adhesion (see above), $7 paint
removing and painting valve cover and exhaust heat shield = $16 high heat primer, paint, & clear coat

----------------------------
Equals to $66 minimum. No cashflow means that's worth a lot of ramen noodles and macaroni cheese...

ricky_db
09-10-2010, 12:41 AM
x3

Isaurio
09-10-2010, 03:04 AM

X2.. Welcome. SAVE SAVE.

reiketsutsukigami
09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
you can still do some small modding with no cash flow XD i still managed to do a dohc with 0 income its just a matter of finding deals id say keep it simple dont do anything big till u can afford what can go wrong with it. so like v6 throttle body and outlander mani and if u get a steal a head swap maybe just a cai and btw if ur broke ebay is ur best freind go check there!

madkilla
09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
ill say just save the money for now and if you have enough you can buy some good stuff