PDA

View Full Version : a/c problem

02galant5
09-02-2010, 10:21 AM
Let me start by saying i am an amateur when it comes to the a/c issues on my 02 galant. That being said everytime i turn on my a/c it blows warm air out and it sounds like the compressor is running and i took it in and they said i had enough freon. so i am stuck and dont know where to go from here if you have any answers or suggestions please let me know.
thanks
corey

tamim13
09-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I know this is a long shot, but it might be your heater actuator. Since the heater actuator is known for breaking and blowing only cold air when the switch is turned all the way to heat, I think it might be possible to work the other way too. Correct me if I'm wrong. How many miles do you have on your G? Do you hear any clicking when you change your thermostat switch all the way from heat to cold and vice-versa? Try doing that multiple times to see if it triggers your cold air.

02galant5
09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
My galant has 185,365miles and it clicked when i change it to the winter for the heat and the heat didnt work til i heard the clicking. i have tried that and i cant get it to click anymore i got it once this summer and the air still didnt blow out cold.

4g63lover
09-02-2010, 08:13 PM
There are a lot of ways to diagnose the A/C. How are the lines?

There could be a clog on your metering device whether its a TXV of Fixed Orifice tube I dont exactly remember what is on the Galant. I believe it's a TXV. I will double check and get back to you.

I would get some gauges on the lines and see if they are up to par as far as pressures are concerned.

02galant5
09-02-2010, 08:32 PM
alright thanks

03chi-town0z
09-02-2010, 09:29 PM
also, if you can't get your hands on a set of gauges right away, and you have had intermittant issues with the door actuator clicking and not changing properly, try running the car with the a/c on and just look at and feel the a/c lines under the hood. when functioning properly, the smaller diameter (pressure) line should be pretty hot and the larger diameter (suction) line should be relatively cold and may even have some condensation on it. another visual check to make sure the compressor is working is to have the car running and turn the a/c off. if you look at the front of the compressor pulley you should see 3 raised circles sitting there, not spinning. then go inside the car and try switching the a/c system on, you should hear a click with the fans engaging and then if you look at that compressor pulley again, you shouldnt be able to make out the three circle shapes because they should be spinning too quickly to see them, that means the compressor and clutch are functioning and there is enough freon, like pep boys said, otherwise the pressure sensor wouldnt allow the compressor to engage like that. let us know what you find