PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

v6 galant guy
09-03-2010, 11:29 AM
what sounds good and looks good i just wanna know what Should i put on my baby?

Isaurio
09-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Magnaflow. From the 00-05 eclipse

Stepsascend
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
That's what I have and I love it.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2utrzfc&s=5
hopefully that helps you decide.

madkilla
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
yup,,,magnaflow is really good,,sounding wise

Galantfan88
09-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I would say Magnaflow

blue8g
09-03-2010, 12:41 PM
A'PEXi N1.....00galantguy has one on his and it sounds AWESOME!!!!!! a little loud but it sounds sooo nice

Isaurio
09-03-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah A'PEXi N1 is good with a turbo settup. For a stock engine is a little lound :091: I could say going 5 speed will increase not just the performance but how you could hold the RPM longer for a better exhaust sound.

mrg7243
09-03-2010, 02:15 PM
i like my meagan, all my friends have me #2 for best sounding, im not number 1 cause #1 is a turbo prelude, lol,

NewGalantKid
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Wow! i just listened to stepsascend's galant sounds nice so i looked up the exhaust $627!?!?
wow i didnt know it was that expensive, why are they so expensive? Lol are there any good cheaper ones? maybe $300? cause i dont expect them to be cheap cheap,

also i saw on ebay some that are like $50 and claim they are good, are they or are they crap?

and those are full exhaust systems can i buy just a muffler and make it sound good?

i dont wanna sound cheap just wanna know

Reelax
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
if you just want sound then get a MAGNAFLOW muffler and have it welded to your stock piping...

here it is from road race engineering for the 3G eclipse which shares the engine, suspension and drivetrain w/ our 8G galant:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm

OMEGA PHX
09-03-2010, 08:14 PM
if you just want sound then get a MAGNAFLOW muffler and have it welded to your stock piping...

here it is from road race engineering for the 3G eclipse which shares the engine, suspension and drivetrain w/ our 8G galant:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm

x2 go with the magnaflow Race Series 95+shipping from RRE

madkilla
09-03-2010, 09:09 PM
ebay cheap muffler??cheap crap,,,just save money and get good quality exhaust like magnaflow

NewGalantKid
09-04-2010, 08:05 PM
I should get the race series? Cause i was reading about it says recommended for the v6 eclipse not the 4 cylinder eclipse and i have a 4 cylinder galant? does that mean i shouldnt get it because its raspy or its fine on the galant?

Reelax
09-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I should get the race series? Cause i was reading about it says recommended for the v6 eclipse not the 4 cylinder eclipse and i have a 4 cylinder galant? does that mean i shouldnt get it because its raspy or its fine on the galant?

if you have an i4, get the street series. if v6, get the race series. they both flow and sound better than stock but the race series will rasp a little on an i4 since it is a full straight through design. the v6 inherently is smoother sounding than the i4, so the straight through design does not cause it to be raspy.

NewGalantKid
09-04-2010, 08:30 PM
is the street still sound pretty good cause i want a good sound, i dont want it to sound wimpy or like i have a huge hole in my muffler

Scooby00gt
09-04-2010, 09:07 PM
I've heard the Greddy Ti-C catback on a Galant and it sounds pretty nice. Not too loud, nice and deep.

G-spot
09-04-2010, 09:22 PM
the key issue is how much are you willing to spend on a decent system. There are solid brands out there that are handwelded and there are the generic chinese children made. Either of them get its job done but it's really your call on this since you are the paying customer. Ebay catbacks (generic Chinese child labor made) cost $150 shipped. It's on my car for 7 months and it's still good. There are few downsides one is that the muffler is a no name brand and most would just exchange it for a reputable brand (it sounds raspy even on a v6). And the other downside is it was made to fit the 4 cylinder so us v6-ers needs to get the pipes weld together. But $150 plus another 50 to get it welded is about 1/3 the price of a magnaflow or the injen system. If you have money to spend I'd go for the popular brand names even though the ebay brand still deliever your needs.

NewGalantKid
09-04-2010, 10:09 PM
Well i have I-4 so i only have one downside xD wait so if i get the ebay one i can slide it on and not weld? cause my current muffler the clip broke off and the piping is rusted and not welded together and basically is being held together by a little rust and dirt? so i can just slip it on or what? and im a little confused what do they mean raspy?

and they're going to be raspy no matter what? and the ebay ones are like $50 well the muffler is.

blue8g
09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3ip3FWLE-8

Magnaflow Race Series on bone stock I4

mrg7243
09-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Well i have I-4 so i only have one downside xD wait so if i get the ebay one i can slide it on and not weld? cause my current muffler the clip broke off and the piping is rusted and not welded together and basically is being held together by a little rust and dirt? so i can just slip it on or what? and im a little confused what do they mean raspy?

and they're going to be raspy no matter what? and the ebay ones are like $50 well the muffler is.

Raspy meaning high pitched, and annoying not the deep throaty sounds. They aren't slip on they are bolt on, jack up the car, undo existing bolts and bolt new one into place for the exhaust system. Dont get an ebay muffler. if you want just a muffler there a millions of other options besides ebay. I got the full Meagan exhaust system for 325 if i recall correctly. aAnd it is a quality exhaust system.

blue8g
09-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Raspy meaning high pitched, and annoying not the deep throaty sounds. They aren't slip on they are bolt on, jack up the car, undo existing bolts and bolt new one into place for the exhaust system. Dont get an ebay muffler. if you want just a muffler there a millions of other options besides ebay. I got the full Meagan exhaust system for 325 if i recall correctly. aAnd it is a quality exhaust system.

Megan sucks.

fliegendaffe
07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Anyone know the race series model number for the v6? It has been years since I ordered mine and I don't remember it and all I see is the 3.5" inlet/outlet muffler and iirc the stock piping is 3".

Reelax
07-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Anyone know the race series model number for the v6? It has been years since I ordered mine and I don't remember it and all I see is the 3.5" inlet/outlet muffler and iirc the stock piping is 3".

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/racemufflers.asp

stock piping is 2.25" on the USDM 8G.

fliegendaffe
07-26-2012, 05:16 PM
thought it was 2.25" on the I4 and 3" on the v6?

Reelax
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
thought it was 2.25" on the I4 and 3" on the v6?

3" stock exhaust is found on higher horsepower cars that are either big displacement or forced induction. since the USDM 8G is neither, the stock piping doesn't need to be that big; in fact piping that big on our engines NA would greatly reduce low end torque making the car feel sluggish at moderate rpms. you can use a 2.25 inlet muffler or a 2.5" muffler w/ reducer. either way you will need hangers welded on, so however does the install can adapt a 2.5" inlet to the piping while they're at it.

SquareOne
08-01-2012, 01:13 AM
theres a couple of videos on youtube with galants that have the magnaflow street and race series mufflers to get an idea of how they sound. I like the sound of the magnas

bgood12
08-01-2012, 01:25 AM
I put a v6 eclipse muffler on mine and new bosal 4 cyl cause the factory was out of the bosal 6 cyl intermediate pipe but it sound gutty and no rasp. Its a youtube video of a galant with eclipse muffler as well.

fliegendaffe
08-01-2012, 05:17 AM
theres a couple of videos on youtube with galants that have the magnaflow street and race series mufflers to get an idea of how they sound. I like the sound of the magnas

I already had the race series muffler on mine. It fell off after almost 3 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Night_neo2000
09-15-2012, 09:21 PM
6g72...I went with obx headers, megans racing 2.5 exhaust into 3" off an eclispe. took 3 days but sounds low toned and deep, high rpms has smooth spots also so not as annoying as a fart can will be on hiway's. i spent about 450 on it all, and wouldn't choose differently!