PDA

View Full Version : interior

Keven
09-06-2010, 07:32 PM
IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ EVERYTHING SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM!

ok so i decided to paint my interior.So yesterday i took the trim peices that i wanted to paint out. i sanded and washed the parts. then i procided to prime and did. all came out well and perfect.

well today i went to go get paint and cleaned again. and i started paint and what do you know.... it CRACKS(paint):099:

well i did read on here to take the plastic off of the wood trims. well being ME i thought if i gave it a good sanding it would work well i was WRONG!!!

so im trying to take it all off with some wire pad and it took a long time just for one spot.

so i hop on the computer and search for the thread on interior and i saw some one recommended adhesion promoter.

so i drove over to advance auto parts and got some well long story short it worked but it took all day to take the crap off and to re sand and reprime and paint.

it came out nice just need to clear everything tomorrow i will post pics

long story short PLEASE TAKE OFF THE PLASTIC WRAP ON THE WOOD GRAIN PARTS BEFORE YOU PAINT THEM.

99 galant
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I do believe I warned you. Not to be an ass. The only other way to do it without removing the plastic is to get the paint that I think Polishmafia said in the other tread that will stick better, but it is better to do it right even if you mess up than to just leave it that way.

Believe me, we all made mistakes and learned. 99% of the knowledge about modding on here is from trial and error

Corey2kG
09-06-2010, 10:35 PM
Where can I get this promotor? N how much does it cost?

joegalant
09-06-2010, 10:42 PM
long story short if people on here tell u how to do something and tell u if u don't do it this way its gonna crack, it will probably crack. (people on here that tell u how to do something 90% of the time have already done it) looking forward to the pics

Keven
09-06-2010, 10:47 PM
hahaaha yea i expected these comments( dont worry i dont think your an ass) but idk i just thought with good sanding it wouldnt crack.... but found out the hard way.

any were they sell paint they should have.. i got in a spray can it was about 6-9 dollers

99 galant
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
I warned because I didn't know about the plastic coating and I had the issue. Instead of re-sanding, I just did more coats of paint and wet sanded til the cracks got filled. I wish I knew about the other option at the time

Stepsascend
09-06-2010, 11:01 PM
what happened man I thought you were good to go lol. I actually took a razor blade from a box cutter and shaved it all off then sanded it all down. It comes off a whole lot faster. You just have to be careful not to make any marks in the plastic.

Corey2kG
09-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I think I'm gonna try that promoter. I'm gonna see if I can pick some up tomorrow. Whats it called?

Keven
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM
lol that seems like it ill take longer since you have to be more careful.

it called adhesive promoter ill take a pic of the can tomorrow when i get home from school.

4G64Galant
09-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I had the wood grain trim in my old galant and i used the adhesion improver, they sell a rust-oleum brand one at autozone with there spraypaint

Keven
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
yea well mine came out ok. im also doing alot more and almost done ill post pic tomorrow.