PDA

View Full Version : Custumizing OEM gauges

galant1210
09-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I’m really want to modify the way that the OEM gauges look on my galant but I don’t know what my options are. What are some of the choices to customize? I would like to know where I can order like a kit or some pieces to customize the way that the gauges look in the 2002 GTZ. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

corbizzle
09-09-2010, 10:59 PM
there is a white guage kit you can find on ebay. look on there. I think that's the only one I could find myself.

Reelax
09-09-2010, 11:14 PM
check out speedhut.com . they made the first EL gauge faces for the 8G and are fully customizable. http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Mitsubishi-auto_number-65.htm
http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Mitsubishi-auto_number-65.htm#design_area

galant108
10-06-2010, 10:03 PM
www.andysautosports.com has one or two.

reiketsutsukigami
10-06-2010, 10:49 PM
you can also just change your bulbs any color you want and clear you needles its like 5-10$ in total for all the stuff and it doesnt look bad at all not sure if the gtz ones are any diff though but i doubt it.

Reelax
10-06-2010, 10:50 PM
you can also just change your bulbs any color you want and clear you needles its like 5-10$ in total for all the stuff and it doesnt look bad at all not sure if the gtz ones are any diff though but i doubt it.

'99-'01 GTZ gauge faces are white. after '02 they all were the same color (which was also different from '99-'01). the redline on the tach is also different between i4 and v6 gauges.

reiketsutsukigami
10-06-2010, 11:06 PM
well i ment the proccess for clearing the needles and changing the bulbs wasnt sure if the white face would make it so it wouldnt light up any different. i knew about the redline and color diff.

DTP
10-07-2010, 12:07 AM

It's real simple... Buy 194 bulbs in your color choice, clear the needles with nail polish remover, and BAM! it's customized... On the cheap.:116:

4G64Galant
10-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I put some 7 color changing LED bulbs from Autozone, then take acetone and some Q-Tips and clear the needles, the color lights up the gauges and the needles and consistently changes, or you can just use solid color bulbs

DTP
10-08-2010, 11:52 PM
I put some 7 color changing LED bulbs from Autozone, then take acetone and some Q-Tips and clear the needles, the color lights up the gauges and the needles and consistently changes, or you can just use solid color bulbs

I'd go with solid color, it's less distracting IMO

Corey2kG
10-09-2010, 12:56 AM
You mean the gauge faces are white or the lights on the gtz?

Da_Prodigy
10-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Solid is less distracting unless you buy a kit with a color changer that allows to change to a color of your preference but its obviously more expensive.

Galantman03
10-09-2010, 10:41 PM
^OR you could go loco, and make your own gauge cluster using autometer gauges lol spendy but hey be different lol....

beforged
11-15-2010, 04:42 PM
autometer z series

(http://www.gaugesnow.com/)

Auto Meter announced the introduction of new 5” Tach/Speedo Combo and Quad gauge instruments to the already popular American Muscle series instruments. The latest in designer street performance instruments, American Muscle instruments feature advanced hybrid dial technology combining Auto Meter’s signature white Hi-Def LED illumination and glowing red pointers for maximum readability with spun aluminum dials featuring embossed details for classic good looks. Finished with Chrome Super Bezels, American Muscle Tach/Speedo Combo features an easy to calibrate, 120 MPH Electronic speedometer with odometer and two trip displays above a smaller 8,000 RPM tachometer. Matching Quad Gauge instrument places 4 short sweep electric instrument movements (oil pressure, water temperature, fuel level, and voltmeter) into a single 5” gauge casing allowing you to monitor all the important parameters for your vehicle in just two easy to mount instruments. Tach/Speedo Combo & Quad Kit Boxes also available and include all required sensors for installation on most domestic muscle, street rod, custom, and truck applications.

I use autometer in all my cars

Bee-Rad '92
11-15-2010, 10:56 PM
I put the red 02 needles in my 99, and spray painted the bezel silver.

jermyjerm
11-16-2010, 12:03 AM
I'd go with solid color, it's less distracting IMO

Speaking of distracting----NICE SIG!!!