PDA

View Full Version : tuned cam gear

paco
03-11-2003, 07:17 PM
What kind of gains am I looking at with a tuned cam gear?? I have an I4

manybrews
03-11-2003, 07:36 PM
nothing of use.
youll probably just pollute more, and create drivability issues that will trigger a "check engine" light.

DEFINATLY not worth it.

paco
03-11-2003, 07:39 PM
I thought you could get a few horses out of this. I have read this somewhere.

Mante
03-11-2003, 07:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paco)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought you could get a few horses out of this. I have read this somewhere.</div>

I personally got 6whp after the cam was tuned...on a dyno

paco
03-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Mante

What size engine do you have??

Los
03-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Mante has and I4 like rest of us,.... for now...... he's working on something I think we all would like to see.....and have.....
anyways .....
I've heard that those cam gears give anywhere from 2-8 Hp. All the Hp you can get counts when it you really think about it. even if it's 2 hp it's more than what you had before............you never know you might be surprised. If you really what to know,.....get it dynoed before you even install it then get it dynoed after it's tuned and all.......

manybrews
03-11-2003, 10:20 PM
it gains HP at the cost of torque.

so its not worth it.

besides, do you REALLY wanna spend all that time and money raises your emissions, losing torque, and probably milage, just for 5 hp? Which you will NEVER feel in the real world?

toc8g
03-11-2003, 10:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>it gains HP at the cost of torque.

so its not worth it.

besides, do you REALLY wanna spend all that time and money raises your emissions, losing torque, and probably milage, just for 5 hp? Â*Which you will NEVER feel in the real world?</div>

Well its all mods that count not one in particular,..you start adding the 2's, 3's, and 5-6 hp gians you can get 10 to 15 in a hurry and that Mr. Brews you will be able to feel! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif of course at the cost of pollution! "cough, cough, hack, hack" https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Mante
03-12-2003, 07:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>it gains HP at the cost of torque.

so its not worth it.

besides, do you REALLY wanna spend all that time and money raises your emissions, losing torque, and probably milage, just for 5 hp? Â*Which you will NEVER feel in the real world?</div>

Acutally I gained torque to, Im frequent to forget to mention both aspects. went from 134 to 139 ft/torq.

chibisak
03-20-2003, 03:51 PM
Mante, how much deg u put advance on the cam ?

pinoyesv6
03-20-2003, 05:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chibisak)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mante, how much deg u put advance on the cam ?</div>

each car will react differently. the best way is to get it installed and leave it at a stock setting until u have time to take it to a dyno and get it optimized to your own car

Mante
03-20-2003, 05:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chibisak)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mante, how much deg u put advance on the cam ?</div>

Piny's right but to answer your question it was tared 3 degree's

chibisak
03-20-2003, 05:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>each car will react differently. the best way is to get it installed and leave it at a stock setting until u have time to take it to a dyno and get it optimized to your own car</div>

i know pinoy, but i had it long time already, just wanna to know other ppl setting, just by curiosity.

chibi