PDA

View Full Version : VAG-COM scan tool request

sponcar
09-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Does any socal member has a VAG-COM scan tool?
I need to read what code is my ecu throwing at this time, and I think there is no point to buy a new one just for this test.

THANKS

BTW autozone used to do this scan for free a while ago, I went to the shop and they said they don't do this anymore. =.(

pinoyesv6
09-16-2010, 07:02 PM
you have a volkswagen ecu in your car?

troubled4g64t
09-16-2010, 07:32 PM
the autozone near me does it still they jus scanned my truck like 2 days ago some of them tell you they don't cause they don't want to be bothered

sponcar
09-17-2010, 01:34 AM
you have a volkswagen ecu in your car?

haha yes dude, but not into the galant thou.! lol

the autozone near me does it still they jus scanned my truck like 2 days ago some of them tell you they don't cause they don't want to be bothered

I believe they have different rules in cali, because this guy in autozone told me the mechanics complained about this free service by autozone since all shops charge you for the same service.

I don't know why I feel like I should buy one and keep it to help people around my area u_u'

E_Emerson88
09-17-2010, 01:59 AM
they are expensive bro. not worth it if your only gonna use it once

sponcar
09-17-2010, 02:06 AM
I know the cheap one is around 60-$100, but i went to some randoms shop and they charge $40 to scan it.?

plus some $$ i could get mine. ugh... hope someone who have one could help me out.!

E_Emerson88
09-17-2010, 10:36 AM
have you tried pep boys?

pinoyesv6
09-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Have u tried VWVortex or something. Im sure you'll have an easier time looking for one there than hoping that one of the socal members here on a mitsubishi forum has a scan tool for a vw.

sponcar
09-17-2010, 09:59 PM
have you tried pep boys?

ya, I asked them too, but same thing they don't do this anymore.
:TGC:

Have u tried VWVortex or something. Im sure you'll have an easier time looking for one there than hoping that one of the socal members here on a mitsubishi forum has a scan tool for a vw.

ya I have tried vwvortex too... I found a guy who might do it for free but i have to drive all the way to Irvin thou..

so that's why I was looking for some one with obdII scanner near by LA.

THANKS THOU..