PDA

View Full Version : Wat Ya Think ?

Malcriaoxx
09-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok I got a 2000 Galant ES 4 cyl
It is Bone Stock
I recently Added Some HIDS (8000k) On my Front Headlights
Idk any mods for this car so this is what I got in mind so far
I am going to leave the front lights stock but i am going to tint them black and also tint the back lights too
I am also going to paint the grille black
I need a lip and i seen they didnt make a lip for this kind of car soo idk which one would look best
I am going to buy a black hood,paint the top black and the trunk hatch black too
Buying a stock spoiler black too
Dropping it
Black rims with a chrome lip
Thats what I have in mind,Idk anything about galants also soon i am going to turn it stick shift:bigsmile:.

Any Suggestion ?

Reelax
09-23-2010, 10:26 PM
search the board from the link above that is labeled "search". everything you mentioned and probably everything you could think of wanting or doing has been discussed multiple times. here is another place to get ideas:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34654

99 galant
09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Sometimes with tinting the front lights, it becomes more of a safety hazard for you to see properly. You would be better off with painting the inside chrome a reflective black to stay safe.

We have information on this site about what lips can be modded to fit near perfection on the G.

Also, IMO, depending on the style of the rim, assuming you have a black car, I think black with a chrome lip is getting over played. Just my opion though

OMEGA PHX
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't tint the heads, open them and paint the chrome bezel black like this:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z290/OMEGAPHX/smoked_headlight01.jpg

Here you go for lips: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=13956&highlight=8g+lips

On the top right of the site theres a search feature just look for anything you want to do and you'll find the info.

P.S. Where you from? What color is your G?

99 galant
09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I assume their G is black due to the need for black parts, it may have the cancer effect.

dGALANTc
09-23-2010, 11:04 PM
sounds to me like he going for the "Cali" look with the black hood top and trunk but painted instead of cf. im betting the car is white. hey...... i like black with chrome lip lol. but i do agree its getting old.

Da_Prodigy
09-23-2010, 11:15 PM
yea chrome with blk is getting over done so dats y i wana get rims with a color matched lip n blk spokes :D but after i paint my car

Malcriaoxx
09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
actually ma g is gold/tan color
and i hate chrome not for nuthing it is just not for me and also am from NYC
Just finished putting 8000k HIDs top and on the foglights 3000k soo its like a blue and yellow xD
tomorro am tinting the whole front

G-spot
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm not gonna lie the only cars that really worked out in gold are mine, njfudge, and prophet. If I can only picture your car would look like (in the end result) from your first post you should reconsider some of your mods. I mean, it's your car, but ultimately you'd be the one driving it around public grounds. Whether it's carbon fiber or painting the hood/trunk black, it's gonna clash against the gold (trust me I've done it before) and the heads looks better with black housing than tinted. The same goes for taillights tinting them clash against the gold, so far jdm versions enhances the color.

The only way you can get away with what you said on post #1 is to change the color completely like kapalana black or pearl white. But that's just me.

dGALANTc
09-25-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm not gonna lie the only cars that really worked out in gold are mine, njfudge, and prophet.

you guys make gold look good /end butt kiss/...lol

G-spot
09-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Well, for starters, that's a hard color to mod. There has to be a reason why it was offered for one year and only one year. Either you pull can it off decent or you don't, there's no real middle ground with banyan beige pearl. The other colors you can work around it but this gold you have think and have some kind of imagination behind it.

Malcriaoxx
09-25-2010, 02:02 AM
naa watch ima post the picture when am done with it.Also i got a spot for custom made lips soo i got that outta da way

dGALANTc
09-25-2010, 02:09 AM
for the record i love your car G-spot since his car is gold he should just copy yours :040:

joking!! but all kidding aside he is right and i personally dont like gold cars only few can pull it off but i wouldnt do a two tone theme on a gold car not to doubt you at all hopefully you can be one of the few that make it look good

Malcriaoxx
09-25-2010, 02:23 AM
naa trust me its gonna look hot.G-Spot where did yu find dat grille at ?

E_Emerson88
09-25-2010, 03:31 AM
I'm not gonna lie the only cars that really worked out in gold are mine, njfudge, and prophet.

IcedOutGalant??? but yeah, the color doesn't seem hard to mod if you make simple and subtle mods here and there. but most people don't have the same taste and want something that stands out instead of blends in.

Da_Prodigy
09-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Black and Gold never folds. ;) I dont know if done correctly it could turn out good.

Isaurio
09-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Keep front headlight without tints. It looks bad. You could tint the back but not too dark. Dont over kill the look of the G by adding to much black on everything just keep it simple. Search the members garage for ideas and save up for a better mod, look into JDM look. Good luck

dGALANTc
09-25-2010, 10:35 AM
naa trust me its gonna look hot.G-Spot where did yu find dat grille at ?

the grill he has is a jdm piece ebay has them sometimes but most people here contact triggamauve (spelling) if im not mistaken check out socalautowerks.com thats a member/ vender Cali nice place to start.

G-spot
09-25-2010, 12:03 PM
IcedOutGalant??? .
His is Bogeda Beige Pearl l

ricky_db
09-25-2010, 12:26 PM
screw that get some black rims lol

Malcriaoxx
09-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Yeah Ima buy some 18s maybe with a gold lip and a black vinyl.soo the vinyl could match with the rims and the gold lip with the car.Its Gonna Look Good.My car is running on steelies soo I am going to get the rims first ma car looks like a cop car lol.I got bright yellow foglights whoever said bout the safety hazard that's the reason I put HIDs on the foglights too

E_Emerson88
09-25-2010, 01:31 PM
^ well not only that but you will get pulled over for it too. saying you have HID's in your headlights and fogs can only give a reason to add more to your citation lol

Corey2kG
09-25-2010, 01:58 PM
^ well not only that but you will get pulled over for it too. saying you have HID's in your headlights and fogs can only give a reason to add more to your citation lol

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz203/holiday0808/IMG00090-20100514-1859.jpg
I got pulled over once by state police for my fogs but he was just looking for someone to pull over. Ended up just letting me go.

E_Emerson88
09-25-2010, 05:19 PM
you got lucky. not all officers are as gracious

Corey2kG
09-25-2010, 06:09 PM
you got lucky. not all officers are as gracious

Oh I know but he was justing fishing for something to pull me over for when I got pulled over I turned them off. So he said to keep them off lol.

Malcriaoxx
09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Naaa watch I painted the grille and ima get a smoked headlights to stand out with the black.I was gonna tint them but I dunt want too many black

blue8g
09-26-2010, 12:06 AM
why'd you bother asking if you're not accepting opinions

Malcriaoxx
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I am taking opinions...soo where yu coming from ?like I was saying until I got interrupted. Am thinking getting da Jdm headlights they dunt look bad at all would my hids fit on them ?I love g grille tho