PDA

View Full Version : Having an issue

BronxBlur23
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM
:024:So let me start of by saying, I have this thing my galant does when i hit a certain speed on my galant. I had a slight acciddent with it a while back, but anyways while speedin on the highway. I dipped into another lane but to my surprise there was a taxi
right in front of me. So as soon as humanly possible I jam the brakes making the stop but not missing the raised piece of curb on the highway(why it's there idk, dont' ask, can't explain):icon_confused::013: while my car is slidin as the wheels are no longer in motion.

So Now when I take to about 50-65 mph, it begins to shimmy and shake at those speeds :confused: but if I take it higher it dies out a little but you can still feel it. Now I was wondering if this a Major problem like the axel or if it's something like a bad rotor.

Please help! This car has gave me some good memories in it and I need to repay my galant back. Besides the car I was dippin thru traffic was a Porche Carrera 4S. I bet he's still looking for a race and I'm still game.

Rach3T8G
09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Is your rim bent? if not maybe you just need an alignment

Joshua42007
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
It just sounds like your wheels are really off-balance. i would get the wheels balanced and rotated. then if the problem still occurs, get an alignment. after that if the problem is still there i dont know what it could be, or what to tell you.

tamim13
09-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Sounds like your rims, but it can be one of many things. The easiest way to check is, switch the front rim on the side that went into this dip that you mentioned with the one at the rim at the back. See if that fixes the shakes.

Rob21
09-27-2010, 03:21 PM
+1, if that doesnt work, you can start by checking suspension components to make sure nothing bent or broken. Strut, axel, lower control arm, etc..

reiketsutsukigami
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
you can also warp your rotors stopping like that i stopped from 100mph+ a few times and it warped mine had a bad shake at those speeds till i replaced them and got some vented, slotted, and drilled ones so they stay cooler.

Isaurio
09-27-2010, 03:53 PM
+1 True about the rotors. Also check all your supension such as control arms bushing.