PDA

View Full Version : ZEX question (I think never asked before)

NRG
03-13-2003, 12:51 AM
I am planning on a ZEX kit but I am not sure if I am suppose to purchase a specific one for my car or is it universal??

Second question is.......I know that the ZEX kit sprays at WOT but is it ok to do the following..........LIke have the arming switch off and after I WOT, I arm it to relase the N2o......

Khopari
03-13-2003, 01:07 AM
umm shane zex god where are you

HeadAche
03-13-2003, 01:09 AM
The only specific kits they make for mitsu are for the 2g eclipse.. IN your case you will have to buy a universal kit, thats the only options you have..

NRG
03-13-2003, 01:21 AM
But either way it will work just fine right??

Reelax
03-13-2003, 01:46 AM
not to be a stinker but u know that N2O is highly illegal in california right? not sure if even having a bottle hooked up in the car is a punishable offense or if they have to prove u used it on the street or highway.

im wondering... also where does one go to get refills out here?

NRG
03-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Plenty of places to refill them.............And yeah I know its illegal just like many other things I have.......

I think it won't be anymore severe than a fix it ticket......

TWISTED II
03-13-2003, 07:47 AM
yeah, its a pretty much universal kit, when i bought mine, i told them a 3.0 eclipse. 450 i'll give you the entire kit and purge system. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

NRG
03-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Could you send me a link on where I could get mine for that price?

HeadAche
03-13-2003, 10:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, its a pretty much universal kit, when i bought mine, i told them a 3.0 eclipse. Â* 450 i'll give you the entire kit and purge system. Â* https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

Damn you paid 450 and you the purge kit.. i paid 500 and i didnt even get the purge kit, i had to buy that seperate...

TWISTED II
03-13-2003, 12:14 PM
no no no, i'm selling my kit for 450 with the purge. i bought mine for 600 with the purge, but i'm selling it now...so i'm lookin to get 450 for it with the purge.

Auto-9
03-13-2003, 03:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Second question is.......I know that the ZEX kit sprays at WOT but is it ok to do the following..........LIke have the arming switch off and after I WOT, I arm it to relase the N2o......</div>

Yep...in fact that's how my installer recommends I run nitrous (at least till I get skillful with my foot). Nitrous kits are legal for state inspections out here as long as the bottle is not hooked up to the line. If a cop pulls me over and sees I have it hooked up, it's bye bye time.

TWISTED II
03-13-2003, 06:20 PM
interesting, here in chicago i asked a cop and he told me as long as the bottle was closed. so it could be hooked up to the line, but if its opened, i'm done. lol

HeadAche
03-13-2003, 09:44 PM
They done say anything to use about nitrous in Florida.. I got pulled once, and all they did really was ask me questions about it, then i was on my way.. I heard that the Highway Patrol out here actaully uses a nitrous system..

Auto-9
03-13-2003, 11:02 PM
interesting, here in chicago i asked a cop and he told me as long as the bottle was closed. so it could be hooked up to the line, but if its opened, i'm done. lol
ROFL well the reason why Texas instituted the no hook up was because of Nitrous Express, their home base is in Texas, and they told the legislature that they developed a remote bottle opener, which means that the user could possibly close the bottle from within the car while being pulled over. That got the law changed https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

JiP
03-16-2003, 03:03 AM
How the hell do the cops know you have a nos bottle in the first place! ??

TWISTED II
03-16-2003, 10:30 AM

smell sulfur, look in your car and see a red "arm" button, see you purging, or you have it mounted in your back seat and they see it, lol.

Auto-9
03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Another good sign is when a family sedan is hanging with a sports coupe...usually not a probable scenario so they know something is up.

HeadAche
03-17-2003, 08:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>How the hell do the cops know you have a nos bottle in the first place! Â*??</div>

smell sulfur, look in your car and see a red "arm" button, see you purging, or you have it mounted in your back seat and they see it, lol.</div>

Or you have a big ZEX Nitrous banner on your ride, thats how i got stopped..lol

Auto-9
03-17-2003, 09:49 PM
Or you have a big ZEX Nitrous banner on your ride, thats how i got stopped..lol

ROFL...yeah the next big thing from ZEX..."HEY!!! I'm spraying here!" Great bumper sticker mod.