PDA

View Full Version : car still wont start

Salih2d
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
ok i have put in a new ignition switch..., new battery..., a new battery and all my fuses check out and the car still wont start! infact everytime i turn the ignition all the way im still losing ALL power. all my light go out and i hear a clicking noise from the engine compartment fuse box but the starter still wont do nada.., thus the car still wont start!!! WTF? Help Please before i blow this Galant up!!!!!

Reelax
10-04-2010, 08:00 PM
have you checked the starter motor?

Galantman03
10-04-2010, 08:11 PM
it also sounds like hes got a short... the battery shouldn't discharge that quick. I would check the starter.... could have a short internal to it...

Rob21
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Yea check the wiring to the starter. I had a truck do that to me, it ended up being a bad wire connection. Check your wires.

dGALANTc
10-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Yea check the wiring to the starter. I had a truck do that to me, it ended up being a bad wire connection. Check your wires.

x1

Salih2d
10-05-2010, 06:43 AM
i guess imma' have to pull the whole wire out because the starter is brand new along with the battery and the ignition switch. i just installed them all yesterday, but i haven't checked the lead from the battery all the way to the starter..., hummmmmm

tamim13
10-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Yes, also check your ground wire, sometimes you might have just forgotten to connect that back. I had a friend of mine have that happen, and it had similar symptoms to what you are describing, all the lights dim and go off when you try to start. The ground wire I believe is at the back of the engine on the firewall.

Salih2d
10-05-2010, 10:10 AM
thanks..., i just went and got a new positive cable for the starter and a new battery ground wire. along with some relays. hope one of these work! well i just checked all my grounds and they are all tight and sound. i keep hearing a clicking sound in my engine capartment fuse box...., could it be suttin in there? If it is what could it be. i took what my fuse box cover said were the starter fuses/relays and the auto parts store couldnt match the relay with what their computer says im supposed to have and Pep Boys is a big nationwide chain and if their computers are wrong ...i dont know what to do....

Rob21
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
So whats the update with this?

RedGalant2k1
10-13-2010, 01:02 AM
thanks..., i just went and got a new positive cable for the starter and a new battery ground wire. along with some relays. hope one of these work! well i just checked all my grounds and they are all tight and sound. i keep hearing a clicking sound in my engine capartment fuse box...., could it be suttin in there? If it is what could it be. i took what my fuse box cover said were the starter fuses/relays and the auto parts store couldnt match the relay with what their computer says im supposed to have and Pep Boys is a big nationwide chain and if their computers are wrong ...i dont know what to do....

Try a local parts store. Or even another PEPboys. Best bet is mark and remove the relays, take the actual relays to the store, and match them up. Your other best source would of course be a Mitsubishi dealership. Dealership parts aren't always crazy expensive, you should explore that option also. If you don't have one local, try http://www.donherring.com/

Malcriaoxx
11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Soo did you fixed the problem or you still working on it ?

Try holding the battery red rubber cap towards the left and someone turn on the ignition.Don't worry you won't get shocked or anything