PDA

View Full Version : How do i replace the rear shocks in my 02 G

icebreaker
10-05-2010, 01:23 PM
hey i baught new rear shocks for my galant.. and i need to know how i reaplace them.. is it possible without removing the springs or do i need to remove the whole thing :D explaining pictuers would be nice..

Isaurio
10-05-2010, 01:51 PM
No bro you need to remove the spring to remove and install the shocks. You need a special machine to compress and decompress the springs. Don’t do it if you don’t know how to do it. Take it to a shop.

icebreaker
10-05-2010, 01:53 PM
i know how to .. i just checking if there's a easier way :D but okai.. yeah i need the device to compress and decompress i'm looking for one right now

RAZ_76
10-05-2010, 02:03 PM
i know how to .. i just checking if there's a easier way :D but okai.. yeah i need the device to compress and decompress i'm looking for one right now

There's only one way to change the rear shocks and that's by removing the spring off the shock.

remarque
10-05-2010, 03:04 PM

You can rent one from AutoZone.

Da_Prodigy
10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Yea just be careful with the the spring compressor if you don't know how to use it

icebreaker
10-05-2010, 06:38 PM
yup.. will post pics of it tonight.. i took the wing of to see how it looks.. and neww tires and took the interior apart for cleaning