PDA

View Full Version : Headunit/heater control trim

kakashi
10-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Hey guys, long time no see, well the heater control unit crapped out on me, so I ran down to the junkyard and pulled a used one for a few bucks. The current unit is stuck on FACE, and won't switch to Defrost, or FLOOR, or any other settings for that matter, when I turn the knob, it just turns itself back to FACE somehow. I figure theres something wrong with the cable, but I just grabbed a new unit anyways, only 10 bucks.

My question is: which panels will I need to remove in order to complete this fix? I remember having two cables for the controls, and like 5 harnesses to connect. The car I pulled it from had been picked to pieces, and pretty much the only thing left was the heater control unit, which was convenient for me. But installing it will be 10x harder I imagine.

2001 GTZ.

Can post pics if my question is confusing.

THanks ahead of time, I'll be scrolling thru the 8G rep manual again to see if I missed it. But every pic I've seen so far already has the whole dash removed, but can't find any specific documentation of which panels.

Rob21
10-07-2010, 07:42 AM
You will need to remove the radio/heater-A/C trim by just popping it off. Pull towards you. Then you will have the 4 screws that holds the unit in place. Remove those, and you will be able to maneuver the unit to disconnect the wires n such in the back.

kakashi
10-10-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks man, hopefully the cables and harnesses are all intact back there.

Stewi
10-10-2010, 06:43 AM
Yeah and make sure none of the radio wires or anything is are tangled with the cables which could cause them to bind up.