PDA

View Full Version : Need New Radiator. Where to buy? Plz help.

EricNorwood
10-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Hello Galant enthusiasts and owners, like myself :D

First things first, I own a 2000 Galant ES (2.4L L4). This car hasn't given me much, if any, stress since I purchased it from a friend in 01. (salvage title).

Just the other day though, my Galant overheated on me while on my way home from work. Immediately, I suspected the radiator to be the cause of the problem, as it indeed turned out to be. The radiator showed signs of coolant leakage and a majority of the fins were bent/damaged.

I've decided to buy a replacement radiator online, and I've already done some browsing around. I liked two sites:
http://www.go-part.com/9902-mitsubishi-galant-radiator-p-24810.html
and
http://www.radiatorspot.com/mitsubishi/galant/radiators.html#MjQ4MTA
To be honest I'm an amateur when it comes to buying online. I've only done it a handful of times, and on two occasions I was even scammed. I can't afford for this to happen again, so I'd like to ask the community for help. Has anyone ever dealt with either of those companies? Are they legitimate? I'll buy from whichever you guys say is okay. Thanks in advance!

Stepsascend
10-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Never heard of those places but they look legit. If you still feel unsafe I guess try Rockauto.com. It's a reliable place for oem replacement parts. I've ordered from their site numerous times.

02redgalant
10-19-2010, 02:02 PM
radiator barn is great.(radiatorbarn.com).but make sure you buy a new Oem pressure cap when you install the new one..if not more then likely the exact issue you had with your oem radiator will happen. i learned the hard way had the replace 3x under warranty till i swapped the cap and now I have 0 issues

BronxBlur23
10-19-2010, 02:44 PM
1. If you wanna salvage your radiator while you get one, I saw this on mythbusters but you can put a raw egg in the radiator in it and it will plug up all the holes will take a couple of minutes (so let run b4 leaving home).

2. If your not planning to run your G into the ground, a regular radiator will surfice..

hpa350n
10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
I bought my radiator from ebay a couple of weeks ago. I don't think you'll need a fancy-shmancy radiator for a daily driver so it should suffice. The price was around $70 with shipping.

http://shop.ebay.com/proradiators/m.html?_nkw=galant+1999+2.4&_sacat=0&_odkw=galant+1999&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

Edit: The above link goes to the seller that I bought it from so I've determined that he/she is legit. Although the radiator you will receive isn't a name-brand, it works just fine from my experience.

jimmy_o2
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
radiator barn is great.(radiatorbarn.com).but make sure you buy a new Oem pressure cap when you install the new one..if not more then likely the exact issue you had with your oem radiator will happen. i learned the hard way had the replace 3x under warranty till i swapped the cap and now I have 0 issues

great service and great customer support

I highly recomend and great pricesess

DTP
10-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Try 1800Radiator... I work there and we sell pretty good stuff. Lifetime replacement on manufacturer defects.

Go for Loyo, CSF, or Cryomax