PDA

View Full Version : Jersey People

732Galant
10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Ive seen a few 8g's around my area. One delivers for Frankies Pizza in Bayville, has the JDM tails, blacked out grill, nice car. Another 8G literally up the block is lowered, has a tgc emblem on the back, rear window visor, another nice car. My main thing here is I kinda need a hook up for passing inspection. Let me know if any of you guys know a guy who knows a guy or something like that. Got a CEL that wont go off.

keith6110
10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Ive seen a few 8g's around my area. One delivers for Frankies Pizza in Bayville, has the JDM tails, blacked out grill, nice car. Another 8G literally up the block is lowered, has a tgc emblem on the back, rear window visor, another nice car. My main thing here is I kinda need a hook up for passing inspection. Let me know if any of you guys know a guy who knows a guy or something like that. Got a CEL that wont go off.

Any idea what codes your G is throwing? We could help ya out a bit with that.

732Galant
10-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Its for EGR Flow Malfunction. Ive had this issue before where the EGR says the flow isnt right but when its vaccum tested and volt tested everythings fine. Clean out the intake manifold because for some reason it gets all filled with carbon and shit and the code usually goes away for months at a time. This time it didnt. Everything works as it should, just the CEL won't stay off. Im thinking if I go to inspection and before I get there unhook the battery it might buy me enough time with the new inspection in NJ to get away with it. Anyone have an experience with the new inspection? Do they still do OBDII?

shortchain
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Its for EGR Flow Malfunction. Ive had this issue before where the EGR says the flow isn't right but when its vacuum tested and volt tested every things fine. Clean out the intake manifold because for some reason it gets all filled with carbon and shit and the code usually goes away for months at a time. This time it didn't. Everything works as it should, just the CEL won't stay off. I'm thinking if I go to inspection and before I get there unhook the battery it might buy me enough time with the new inspection in NJ to get away with it. Anyone have an experience with the new inspection? Do they still do OBDII?

Yes they still check obd2. If you unhook the battery it will reset the ecu the only thing is it will take up 3 hour of run time the for all the sensors to be ready for testing. If you don't pass you will have to get a piece of paper filled out by a state licensed shop.

732Galant
10-20-2010, 07:42 PM
So if I cant get by with inspection anyone in Jersey have any solutions? I dont want to sink any more money into the car then I have to.

shortchain
10-20-2010, 08:56 PM
So if I cant get by with inspection anyone in Jersey have any solutions? I dont want to sink any more money into the car then I have to.

What is the obd2 codes its puting out? Maybe your missing some thing.

732Galant
10-21-2010, 05:36 AM
P0400.