PDA

View Full Version : 8g VR4 fog lamp conversion to HID

a2toj7
10-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Hi masters, newbie here.. planning to place HID bulbs to vr-4 foglamps which have a function of a foglamp and a clearance lamp that opens when you toggle the signals...

1... already fitted the foglamps with HID

2...unable to fit HID type on the clearance lamp... does anybody know how to rebuild the case to fit the same bulb type for the foglamp?

TIA

http://i52.tinypic.com/10gbotk.jpg

a2toj7
10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
.... will just dremel the old lamp and get the fittings of h3 bulb... see where I go from there.. will just post the pics once i get it done

es_fact
10-26-2010, 07:45 AM
why dont you just buy the right HID bulb for the fogs?

Reelax
10-26-2010, 12:12 PM
since the outside lights are not on very long (since they are only on when the signal is flashing), i would not suggest HID in that spot. HID takes a minute to warm up to full temp and brightness, so by the time the light turns off, it probably won't even be fully warmed up and will be dim anyways. also HID does not like to be turned on and off constantly, especially not getting warmed up completely; the ballasts and bulbs will not last very long because of this. i would suggest a bright LED for those lights.

a2toj7
10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
copy sir... thanks for the advise

proposed project was to have the outside lights have a sepparate switch ( the rear fog switch) instead of activating it while making a left/right turn... I was just thinkin of the extra foglamps I have which came with a set of hid's mounted on the inner lamps..