PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 Coilovers Reviwe and Questions

DJ Galant
03-14-2003, 01:26 AM
For those of you who got it on the galant (8g)... and skunk2 coilovers...
Is your ride as bouncy as mine is? Just replaced my eibach springs on the FRONT ONLY with the skunk2 coilovers and i am not really satified wit the drop and ride.
At first the ride was bouncy , right now it became more stiff, which bottoms out a lot when I hit some bad roads..
It is bad, I am running stock struts up front.
The drop all the way down still gives me about an inch of clearance or about finger and a half.... Anybody knows wtf????? The bumper stopers are cut in a half, coiolvers are installed properely 100% sure.
Also, when turning my steering wheeel all the way either direction I experience some weird noises - and i can hear almost like something is hitting something... Of course it rubbs when i am turning all the way too.

Overall skunk 2 is way worst than eibach pro- kit springs though with the stock struts - i was kind of expecting it.

I am going to leave the back alone for now, because the pro-kit eibach springs do excelent job for now.

VegasMatt
03-14-2003, 01:38 AM
wanna sell those springs to me for cheap?

2True
03-14-2003, 11:39 AM
I have a 7g, but you're right when you say the drop is not what is expected. Your lucky, mine is slammed all the way and I can fit nearly 3 fingers between the tire and fender. I can also raise them up to "monster truck" height :?

On stock struts they're going to be bouncy, no question. The spring rate on those coils is high, really high compared to Eibach springs, and they will make your strut rod move like a jack hammer. You need adjustable struts to combat the bounce and stiffen things up. My AGX's are set to 3 in the front and 6 in the back just to keep from bouncing off the road.
Most coilovers are like this, it takes a lot of tuning to find the "sweet spot" for the coil on the strut... and that point just wasn't low enough for me :wink:
Not sure about that sound when turning, you might want to get that checked out.

-Jav-
03-14-2003, 03:37 PM
anyone have pics of their ride with the skunk 2 coilovers on. i want to get an idea of what the drop looks like.