PDA

View Full Version : evo swap parts list

4g64turbo
10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
what is going on everyone, i have been getting parts together for my evo swap in my 8g. i'm wanting to let you know what i got so far and please let me know if i'm missing anything ok.....

1. evo8 motor
2. evo 8 trans
3. evo9 ecu
4. 3g shifter/linkage
5. jumper harness (evo ecu to hook up to a oem harness)

i plan on using a evo trans just redo it so i can use it in a fwd set up. i also plan on buying a new intercooler set up and try to get a new turbo.i don't know what axles i need to get....please let me know if i'm missing anything.....thanks......

mrg7243
10-26-2010, 01:23 PM
uhhh i am pretty sure you need a evo 8 ECU not 9 since 9 has mivec. I would just go with the eclipse transmission, it will be cheaper to setup. With the evo tranny you need evo axles, and hubs, and you have to modify your crossmember(i think)

Stewi
10-26-2010, 03:05 PM
uhhh i am pretty sure you need a evo 8 ECU not 9 since 9 has mivec. I would just go with the eclipse transmission, it will be cheaper to setup. With the evo tranny you need evo axles, and hubs, and you have to modify your crossmember(i think)

and you need an EVO transfer case with an LSD, need to make a block off plate (its easy) and you need to have the center diff inside the tranny welded, which means taking the trans apart and at least doing a basic rebuild.

Gtorque
10-26-2010, 03:15 PM
If i was going to have to do that to the transmission and tranfer case i would just look into making the thing AWD.I personally change my mine constantly so to do work like that inside the transmission i would leave it the regular set-up how it comes,build it,and have it on the side until i have every part to the AWD conversion..

It really depends on how much power your trying to make man..If your looking for a good 300whp or alittle bit more go with a eclipse 5 speed trans swap..You really dont need to go ahead and spend all that extra money on a transfer case and changing things around if your power range isnt 400 and up...