PDA

View Full Version : Look At This

Malcriaoxx
10-31-2010, 11:30 AM
After Many ppl told me not to do it...I still did it and came out looking good.What do ya think ?

Before
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7207/62191158758840817169100.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/i/62191158758840817169100.jpg/)
After
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/5185/img00120q.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/i/img00120q.jpg/)
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/4056/img00121p.jpg (http://img813.imageshack.us/i/img00121p.jpg/)

00 galant es tdip
10-31-2010, 11:42 AM
u will regret the headlight i have done that once and u cant see shit at night

Malcriaoxx
10-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah,Thats why I put the Fogs Yellow HIDs(3000k).Also even without the fogs.The HIDs shines right through

99 galant
10-31-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry, I don't like it. Its not only a safety hazzard, but you don't have a black car, so it looks odd.

OMEGA PHX
10-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Looks perfect........................................... .....................................to satisfy your need for adventure and taking risks

4g63lover
10-31-2010, 02:36 PM
It might look good, but light output will be shit at best. you shoulda just cracked the headlights open and painted the housings black. would have looked better as well.

Serstylz2
10-31-2010, 03:01 PM
tacky. ur car tho

ricky_db
10-31-2010, 04:04 PM
im not a fan just buy some black ones man

G-spot
10-31-2010, 09:26 PM
You think it looks great until your traffic ticket(s) price would exceed the value of the heads, fogs and grille!

02redgalant
10-31-2010, 10:13 PM
After Many ppl told me not to do it...I still did it

lol explains why your s/n is malcriao

99 galant
10-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I hate the new New York plates

Rach3T8G
10-31-2010, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=Malcriaoxx;626930]After Many ppl told me not to do it...I still did it

That my friend was not a smart thing to do @ all but then again it is your car & your safety @ risk

Redhaze
10-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Why not use
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=GALANT+SMOKED+HEADLIGHT+TINT+COVER+BLACKOUT+F ILM

I'd assume it would be easier to remove then paint

DTP
10-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Or just paint the inside of the heads black and smoke the reflector...

Just me

dassler
11-01-2010, 02:09 AM
Looks ugly to me.....Sorry but this i s my honest opinion

keith6110
11-01-2010, 06:06 AM
It would probably look better if the grill was different from the headlights. But the look you were going for, looks like you did a good job! =)

dGALANTc
11-01-2010, 08:00 AM
i like it but ive done the tinted heads before and with the rocks and shit on the highway they will chip trust me

es_fact
11-01-2010, 08:04 AM
thats something i would honestly consider doing....

to a civic....

lol

It doesnt look terrible, but thr risk of gettin pulled over is deffs not worth it.

RAZ_76
11-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I would have spent all that elbow grease on the engine that looks like dodo, instead of that. I think you missed the point when folks said don't do that. Maybe because most of us have been there, got tickets because of it. People try to improve visibility, you kill it on purpose? Makes no sense. Want that look? Do it right, bake the heads and paint the inside. It will look cleaner and visibility wont be butchered, plus you'll be street legal again. Another thing to strongly think about is to trade the G in for a Civic, your mod choices tells me that you might be a perfect Honda owner, just my opinion though.

Malcriaoxx
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Well,I am going to see how it looks with a lip.If it looks bad then I am going to get the smoked JDM Heads and also,I hate the Ny plates too.They look way too old school.Hondas are not for me I don't like them too small for me imagine a 6' feet guy walking outta a 2 door civic -__-

RAZ_76
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Well,I am going to see how it looks with a lip.If it looks bad then I am going to get the smoked JDM Heads and also,I hate the Ny plates too.They look way too old school.Hondas are not for me I don't like them too small for me imagine a 6' feet guy walking outta a 2 door civic -__-

You are missing the point again, no wonder.

4g63lover
11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
A lip will NOT improve light output.

IVORY_G
11-01-2010, 02:07 PM
No bueno

mrg7243
11-01-2010, 02:23 PM
lmao at this thread

Malcriaoxx
11-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Lol I do see the point due to the headlights being blacked out the Light won't come out and I wouldn't be able to see nothing at night time.But due to I had the 4000k they were too bright

RAZ_76
11-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Whatever, I had 4K and it's still was not bright enough.

shortdogg2k05
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
If you like it then that is all that matters, but you will change it later on down the road. Personally I wouldn't have went that dark.

Smokey92
11-02-2010, 08:44 AM
It looks good but I never would have done that because it lowers your visibility at night.

Dominicano
11-02-2010, 10:05 AM
lol explains why your s/n is malcriao

lol thats would explain it lol

one option i did which did not kill much of the output was using perforated vinyl on the headlights 90 percent of the light still shined through but the lens looked darker than normal . Never had a problem with it when I was in NY.

Malcriaoxx
11-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Damnnnn the perforated vinyl is nice ass damn idea.where the hell you been hiding dominicano with that idea lol.
Also in Nyc Cops dunt bother with that.They do bother the crap outta you when it comes with the HIDs...If its too bright they will stop you.

Besides I am going to rewire the foglights so they could turn on independent.

Isaurio
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Ummm not a big fan of tinted heads. It would be better a very light smoke. If u like them let it be.

Dominicano
11-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Damnnnn the perforated vinyl is nice ass damn idea.where the hell you been hiding dominicano with that idea lol.
Also in Nyc Cops dunt bother with that.They do bother the crap outta you when it comes with the HIDs...If its too bright they will stop you.

Besides I am going to rewire the foglights so they could turn on independent.

I shared that info long time ago lol here what my car looked like with it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/dominicano/meet/front.jpg

the only downside its peels off easily a few months of outside element and washing the car the glue wears off but no residue is left.

Malcriaoxx
11-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Yeah,Idk I am going to see because I am going to buy a carbon fiber hood soon and modify and install the lip on friday.Also Dremel the fins off the grille and put mesh.If it look bad then I am going to buy the black JDM heads.

O yeah I also did the backlights *LOOK*
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/3734/img00122.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img00122.jpg/)
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/3623/img00123c.jpg (http://img829.imageshack.us/i/img00123c.jpg/)

mrg7243
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
those are way to dark IMO, they are to way dark, the insuracne company may not cover you in a rear end collision

G-spot
11-03-2010, 11:19 AM
I pity you.

Please by no means, make a thread on the graveyard forum that you got rear ended because the other car couldn't see your taillights and cry on the forum that insurance company couldn't pay out the insurance claim. By all means, please make a thread on why the cop pulled you over for tinted headlights so you can start your little spiel of why you had to pay $$$ in fines when you could got blackened heads on ebay for the same price on the "Got Ticket?" forum.

I pity you. Normal people would find better ways for them and the safety for the other drivers. Safety is an issue we all have to abide by. By comprimising safety you are endangering lives around you. It has little to do on how "made tyte" or "fly" your car may look. Look around, how many other Galants you see on TGC that has your setup? No, scratch that. How many Galants you see that used to have your setup? Less to none? But you'll probably disregard it after several people, some of them by experience, asking you to be careful of what you put into. But because you assume it's your car and your money you have the power to do whatever you feel like and disregard anything what they say regardless if it's safety or not. There are no haters here and definitely no hate brewing in this thread, we're just trying to help you prevent the headaches you're about to cause by doing all this. But you'll probably ignore that also. So go on ahead, you've already made a fool of yourself here and pretty much have little to no shot in conversing with the other TGCNY members. I pity you, there's always one black sheep amongst every chapter you just nominated yourself. Enjoy your build. Kthanxbai!

RAZ_76
11-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I pity you.

Please by no means, make a thread on the graveyard forum that you got rear ended because the other car couldn't see your taillights and cry on the forum that insurance company couldn't pay out the insurance claim. By all means, please make a thread on why the cop pulled you over for tinted headlights so you can start your little spiel of why you had to pay $$$ in fines when you could got blackened heads on ebay for the same price on the "Got Ticket?" forum.

I pity you. Normal people would find better ways for them and the safety for the other drivers. Safety is an issue we all have to abide by. By comprimising safety you are endangering lives around you. It has little to do on how "made tyte" or "fly" your car may look. Look around, how many other Galants you see on TGC that has your setup? No, scratch that. How many Galants you see that used to have your setup? Less to none? But you'll probably disregard it after several people, some of them by experience, asking you to be careful of what you put into. But because you assume it's your car and your money you have the power to do whatever you feel like and disregard anything what they say regardless if it's safety or not. There are no haters here and definitely no hate brewing in this thread, we're just trying to help you prevent the headaches you're about to cause by doing all this. But you'll probably ignore that also. So go on ahead, you've already made a fool of yourself here and pretty much have little to no shot in conversing with the other TGCNY members. I pity you, there's always one black sheep amongst every chapter you just nominated yourself. Enjoy your build. Kthanxbai!

I totally approve this message and stand by it.

03-Galant-ES
11-03-2010, 01:22 PM
I totally approve this message and stand by it.

x3! Honestly, I am on NY roads too, so its not just your safety you're killing its mine, my fiancees, my parents, my brothers, my sisters, my nieces and nephews safety too. If you feel like hurting yourself that is your choice, but there are other people that can be hurt cause you thought your beige car looked good with black lights which are illegal for a reason.

mrg7243
11-03-2010, 01:47 PM
x3! Honestly, I am on NY roads too, so its not just your safety you're killing its mine, my fiancees, my parents, my brothers, my sisters, my nieces and nephews safety too. If you feel like hurting yourself that is your choice, but there are other people that can be hurt cause you thought your beige car looked good with black lights which are illegal for a reason.

x50 haha, i have to say way to think about others before you mod, especially on this. Argue and deny us but it is proven, when you get nailed cause somebody cant see you from your heads, or the cant tell you are slowing down cause of you blacked out tails dont come bitch to us like g spot said. there is a reason the nightshades can say no more than 3 coats i did 2 very light coats just enough to take the edge off the redness, you can still see the tails,not just the black film. and blacked out light went out awhile ago get with the times. The only people that have blacked out are dumbasses who think its cool.

Malcriaoxx
11-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Actually it aint that dark I took the picture in the dark and the car off,I am going to take a better picture in the dark and the car on xD.if it was that dark as you call it you know how many tickets I would have,I live in fordham in the Bx and their is police in every corner.

Also,G spot I know ya are all telling me this for a reason and thanks for watching out for me because some people would just shake their head and keep on going.I decided in buying blacked bezel JDM Heads,soo anybody PM me.

XxGiRLaNT06xX
11-03-2010, 06:23 PM
^^Good choice. I'm not a fan at all of heads and tails completely blacked out. I live in NY also and a cop would pull u over for tinted tails/heads before HIDs. You can make your car look clean with very little effort. Its been done on here and you'll be happy with the results and money saved on stupid tickets. Dont hide your HIDs! They look great. Happy Modding!

jubeiaire
11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
^^Good choice. I'm not a fan at all of heads and tails completely blacked out. I live in NY also and a cop would pull u over for tinted tails/heads before HIDs. You can make your car look clean with very little effort. Its been done on here and you'll be happy with the results and money saved on stupid tickets. Dont hide your HIDs! They look great. Happy Modding!

YOU cant respod on this. Your a Cute Girl and in NY Cute Girls Dont get tickets for MODs they get invites to applebees happy hr with the cops squad members.........so :p

Malcriaoxx
11-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Lol while ya all was saying the backlights were too dark which aint look at this
*I turned on the car not even braking*

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9441/img00124q.jpg (http://img32.imageshack.us/i/img00124q.jpg/)
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1716/img00125r.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/img00125r.jpg/)
Like I said I took the pictures with a fone cam(which Sucks ass lol).

galant350z
11-03-2010, 07:47 PM
damn, how did u get that many red bar under your post???

Malcriaoxx
11-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Lol I posted a thread I needed lip help and everybody got mad...well,you still think its too dark ?

qnz
11-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Taillights are not just for braking. They have built in reflectors so when cars shine their headlights on your tails, the red is reflected back.

You ever see guys in parachute pants and go "what the heck is this guy thinking"? Well thats what we're all thinking.

It is your car so if you feel proud of it, thats all that matters.

Rach3T8G
11-03-2010, 10:00 PM
First you tint the heads now u blacked out the tails?? whats next?

Dominicano
11-03-2010, 10:41 PM
and just because you can see it at night, what about in the daytime when its sunny out, i doubt anyone will see it.

Malcriaoxx
11-03-2010, 10:58 PM
And in the daytime you could see it too what you think it is blacked out.It aint lol like I said it just look dark because of my fone cam and surroundings.
Also I actually had the tail lights darkened for a while now

Also next is a loud ass annoying muffler, and 5% tints in all my windows even the front one.....LOL am joking

jubeiaire
11-03-2010, 11:45 PM
On the way home from pep boys we passed a Racoon about as big as a full pit. his body was still plump and full but his head was popped like a ketchup packet. i could see one of his eyebals up against the side of the car tire directly across from it and the spread pattern it left. That has nothing to do with this thread. unless you consider i was thinking of spraying the sun with blackout spray so i wouldnt have seen the coon. but besides that. If you know your pics make it look like its to damn dark. STOP posting pics that you know people are gonna get on you about. i feel like you are trying to get attention right now. but what do i know about people begging for attent. guess ill go tend to the baby trowing things at me and calling me gada gada when he knows my name id dada dada and i hate when he throws things................................

Malcriaoxx
11-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Lmaoo wtf.Actually when ya told me it was too dark,I took a look at it and noticed in the picture it actually looks blacked out like really blacked out the point where it is illegal.

RAZ_76
11-04-2010, 01:47 PM
And in the daytime you could see it too what you think it is blacked out.It aint lol like I said it just look dark because of my fone cam and surroundings.
Also I actually had the tail lights darkened for a while now

Also next is a loud ass annoying muffler, and 5% tints in all my windows even the front one.....LOL am joking

Dude look, you are not the first to do this dumb mod. I have and many other have too. So you can't come here and say that it's not too dark. That's like trying to sell bullshit to a bullshitter, you know what I mean?? I hope that you don't start a thread when you get rear ended. I guarantee you money that already you have had close calls. I had my tails lighter then that and I had close calls right away, and after that, I went back to stock. It looked cool but it was not worth getting my car trashed. Even stock tail lights are hard to see during the day when the sun shines directly behind your car, imagine tinted ones. You keep living in this denial world but I know that you're an idiot.

SkylineG1
11-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Ok it says that you live in the Bronx. Trust me on this as I too line in NY, tinting your lights is asking to get hit & as I know have happened in court it will work against you.

Malcriaoxx
11-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Well thanks for the heads up.I am going to see if I find a 3rd gen tails for sale or the same stock ones again.

SkylineG1
11-05-2010, 10:52 PM
I have a set of OEM tails. You can have them for a nominal price. But you also gotta come get them.