PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control not working

DTP
11-01-2010, 08:45 AM
So on my way to class, i tried to engage the CC, but it wouldn't engage and hold the RPM's.

My best guess is that a hose/connector is loose... Any suggestions?

tamim13
11-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Yes check the vacuum lines to the cruise control module under the hood. Does the light on the gauge cluster, come on when you turn the cruise control on?

mrg7243
11-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I had the same problem, i think it might just be the module going out, i know mine never worked. You could always bench test it by putting up on jack stands, getting up to say 70mph or so, and have someone inside try to engage CC. While you take the hose off and see if it produces vaccum by sticking your finger over it to see if it has vacuum. but check your hoses and connectors firts. Mine never did work, so i just ripped it all out, 2lbs weight reduction FTW haha

o1naturalhigh
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
when i had this problem, it was cuz my tail lights were those led ones.

DTP
11-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes check the vacuum lines to the cruise control module under the hood. Does the light on the gauge cluster, come on when you turn the cruise control on?

Yup the light comes on and all.

I had the same problem, i think it might just be the module going out, i know mine never worked. You could always bench test it by putting up on jack stands, getting up to say 70mph or so, and have someone inside try to engage CC. While you take the hose off and see if it produces vaccum by sticking your finger over it to see if it has vacuum. but check your hoses and connectors firts. Mine never did work, so i just ripped it all out, 2lbs weight reduction FTW haha

Ah man talk about weight loss! That's my last resort... Or maybe a lift?

when i had this problem, it was cuz my tail lights were those led ones.

I've got LEDs in my tails, but how would that affect it? They've been in there for over a month now... No issues

o1naturalhigh
11-01-2010, 10:20 AM
i think when the car is on, the lights are on. it confuses the computer by thinking the brakes are on, making the cruise control not engage. take them out, and put the normal bulbs back to check that this is/isn't the issue.

DTP
11-01-2010, 10:26 AM
i think when the car is on, the lights are on. it confuses the computer by thinking the brakes are on, making the cruise control not engage. take them out, and put the normal bulbs back to check that this is/isn't the issue.

Hmph, that kinda makes sense. I do need to install load resistors... Would running my parking lights have anything to do with this?

o1naturalhigh
11-01-2010, 10:28 AM
no clue

DTP
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM
no clue

Okay, i'll try that when i'm out of class and at home and let you know

DTP
11-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Anyone know where the module is?

mrg7243
11-01-2010, 05:32 PM
well the running light shoulndt have a effect on it, my just never worked haha, but if you follow the vacuum line coming off the throttle body all the way to the passnger side you will see it, it is right above the motor mount

shortdogg2k05
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Facing the car it will be on the left side in front of your strut mount.

DTP
11-01-2010, 10:41 PM
well the running light shoulndt have a effect on it, my just never worked haha, but if you follow the vacuum line coming off the throttle body all the way to the passnger side you will see it, it is right above the motor mount

Yeah that's what I thought it was. I followed the other cable coming from the TB, I just wasn't sure, ya know?

No lines are loose... I think a trip to the junkyard is just around the corner :bouncy: Now I have a legit excuse to go ;)

Facing the car it will be on the left side in front of your strut mount.

Yeah, thanks man. Is it easy to swap?

o1naturalhigh
11-01-2010, 11:35 PM
did you even check to see if the LEDs were the ones causing this problem with the cruise control? cuz, it could be the vacuum lines and whatever else.

jonry
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
i know this is pretty random, but i dont even know how to use the cruise control hahaha

Reelax
11-02-2010, 12:31 AM
i know this is pretty random, but i dont even know how to use the cruise control hahaha

rtfm

jubeiaire
11-02-2010, 12:41 AM
rtfm

ROFLOL.....golden response

Joe (G8)
11-02-2010, 12:51 AM
check the clock spring
I had the same problem when half of my board had shorted out

warren
11-02-2010, 11:25 AM
what if the light doenst come on