PDA

View Full Version : i think i installed radiator wrong

maildennis2day
11-02-2010, 03:29 PM
:075: ok i took my radiator off last week and i didnt finish puting back that day
so i decided to do it three days later. I dont remember if there are rubber insulaters on the top of the radiator underneath the mounting brackets . because the bottom has insulaters when put the radiator in it looks as if though there's a big gap between the mounting brackets. also when i finished and was putting antifreeze in and then i turned the engine the antifreeze was overflowing back out . please let me know if you know or remember if i need ruber insulators there or maybe i dont remember thanx alot guys for your help i appreciate it. iahve no mechanical experience just following the haynes manual.:102:

keith6110
11-02-2010, 03:41 PM
:075: ok i took my radiator off last week and i didnt finish puting back that day
so i decided to do it three days later. I dont remember if there are rubber insulaters on the top of the radiator underneath the mounting brackets . because the bottom has insulaters when put the radiator in it looks as if though there's a big gap between the mounting brackets. also when i finished and was putting antifreeze in and then i turned the engine the antifreeze was overflowing back out . please let me know if you know or remember if i need ruber insulators there or maybe i dont remember thanx alot guys for your help i appreciate it. iahve no mechanical experience just following the haynes manual.:102:

lol, there are rubber insulators on the bottoms and there is just the 2 brackets that bolt onto the radiator support that hold the top of the radiator on.

The antifreeze was overflowing back out? We could use some more details on that.

maildennis2day
11-02-2010, 04:06 PM
The reason why i changed the radiator was becaudse it had a crack on top near the cap it was leaking green fluid but then i also noticed that the fans werent running and when i turn on the ac the fans run for a min then turn off on and off do you think thats the problem?. but when i installed the radiator i opened the cap then began to fill it wit fluid then and closed the cap then turned the car on and opend the cap it started fizzing out like from a soda bottle when i cap was off completely it kepth coming back out.

Dominicano
11-02-2010, 04:24 PM
ummm when the fluid is in the radiator it starts to get hot when the car is on, you should not be opening that cap other wise it will fizz out and scold you since its hot.

is your car overheating at all? as long as your running the car and it does not go past the middle and you have fluid in the overflow you should not have a problem.

also you mentioned it was overflowing, it is overflowing through the cap while its tightly on or from the hose somewhere?

jubeiaire
11-02-2010, 08:25 PM
i think hes saying that he filled the radiator with the bottom plug closed then put the cap on when the antifreeze reached the top. then it seems he started the car and let it run removed the cap before it got hot and the anifreeze over flowed.......

If this is the CAse please read on if not then ignore the rest.

NEVER EVER OPEN THE CAP WHILE THE CAR IS RUNNING REGARDLESS IF THE FLUID IS HOT YET:
Second to properly fill your radiator you need to allow the air bubbles to release from the radiator when filling a new radiator.
If you are to rushed for time to do this you need to let your resevoire do what its made to do. If your antifreeze is low while the car is running it will suck it from the reseviore.
this is set up like this so you DONT HAVE TOO open the radiator cap to add fluids to a running motor thats not steaming. if you have too much fluid in your radiator or if its to hot it will spit it into your resivoire so you DONT HAVE TO open the radiator cap.
Bottom line dont open the cap while the car is running and if it was running wait at least 15mins after you shut it off LONGER ON HOT DAYS before you open the cap.

jermyjerm
11-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Use the upper radiator hose to check temp and pressure.If it is hot,not warm,to the touch and feels firm when squeezed,don't open the cap.

maildennis2day
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
but should it overflow like that if no then what should i do . should i reinstall or refill

maildennis2day
11-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Plus my fans don't come on unless i turn on the ac then they stop and run and stop for a min and after i installed the radiator and i reparked the car dashboard started shaking like crazy . any thoughts what that might be?

ShiZnitH
11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
The AC fan should run at all time as long as u have the AC on and cold temp on.
The radiator fan to the left is only on if water is hot and runs normally for a minute or two