PDA

View Full Version : lowering options

seattlesuperman
03-14-2003, 04:58 PM
alright I need some input from you galant gurus. I have an 02 galant and my 18's just came in. Could I Lower my car? Now I am not looking to slam my car just barely drop if needed to give it a good look. Also what would be a good kit to go with so I have hopefully the same ride as I do now, being it's stock. Please let me know with any posotive feed back you may have for me. 8)

seth98esT
03-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Lowering Springs will cost you the least but you will not be able to adjust ride height(but it will get rid of the wheel gap :wink:)

or coilovers, more expensive if you get quality brand, will allow you to adjust up to 4"...but if you dont wanna slam it then get springs. springs often give you a better ride.

Soem spring kits worthy of buying:
Progressive
Eibach Pro kit

anything else guys?

seattlesuperman
03-14-2003, 05:19 PM
thanks for the update that gives me some information to work with..

Danger DANJ
03-15-2003, 05:01 PM
If you are looking for a small drop with the best comfort, you don't want the Progress springs. Your best bet is to look towards Eibach and H&R springs. You should be fine with 18's assuming the tire size is right and the offset is fairly close to +46mm.

ncrican
03-16-2003, 02:59 AM
hey guys i just got my shit installed intrax springs and kyb stuts and it feels pretty good. i dont like the back but it feeels good. i can make some adjustments but all good

ChromeGalant
03-16-2003, 08:17 AM
i dont like the back

What do you mean? You dont like how high/low it is?

ncrican
03-16-2003, 04:11 PM
the front aint as low as i wanted it to be and the back is sorta stiff. i know there new but i gonna ride it out for a while to see any difference.

Danger DANJ
03-16-2003, 07:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ncrican)</div><div class='quotemain'>the front aint as low as i wanted it to be and the back is sorta stiff. i know there new but i gonna ride it out for a while to see any difference.</div>

I doubt it. I have my rear AGX's on the softest setting and they are still a little too stiff for me.

antmoneygtz
03-17-2003, 12:26 PM
im goin wit eibach pro kit springs with kyb agx struts all around... if u look at chrome galants setup its the same thing... but he only had the springs on the front cuz of the system he has in the trunk... which is exactly what im doin... same exact setup... eibach pro kits in the fronts and kyb agxz all round... chech his pics and c if u like the height... peace

Sowndwayv
03-17-2003, 04:35 PM
why would u wanna buy the aftermarket shocks all around if u are goin to put springs in the front?

antmoneygtz
03-17-2003, 04:59 PM
handling

ORANGE
04-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Alright... this is probably a stupid question that's been asked alot - but, since I'm new I'm gonna throw it anyways -

The 8G Eibach prokit states that it is for the 6 cyl. Galant, does this work for an ES 4 cyl. or is there another kit to chase...?

Danger DANJ
04-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Alright... this is probably a stupid question that's been asked alot - but, since I'm new I'm gonna throw it anyways -

The 8G Eibach prokit states that it is for the 6 cyl. Galant, does this work for an ES 4 cyl. or is there another kit to chase...?

The Eibachs for the V6 will fit the I4's just the same. The only difference will be how much of a drop you get up front. Since the I4's are lighter, the drop will be slightly less. An example is with the Progress springs, the same ones are sold for the V6 and I4, but the I4 drops 2" up front and the V6 drops 2.25" up front.

Also, if you want Eibachs but want a bigger drop, you can choose from the 2 sets that are made for the 3G Eclipses (2000-2003). They share an almost identical suspension. Keep in mind that the Eclipse is lighter, so you will end up with a slightly larger drop with Eclipse springs.